Chapter 38 "Deadlock"

Scarlett

I slid down to the light illuminated floor and stared at an empty space, feeling the throbbing pain on my knuckles from punching the glass wall in anger. After I got tased by none other than Black, back at the safe house, they brought me here at the Agency, and locked me up together with Violet. Abandoning us was one thing, but locking me up was now a different story as it was keeping me from saving Liv. I didn't want to think what would I do to Black if something were to happen to Liv because I was too late to save her.

"I'm sorry I got you into this V," I mumbled when my attention had diverted to her after noticing her kept glancing at me.

"It's not your fault Scar...How are you holding up?"

I shook my head, sighing, "I don't know...I'm beyond pissed at Black, I'm worried about Liv...and now we're stuck in here...I just...I don't know Violet. What am I supposed to do?"

"Don't worry, we'll figure this out Scar...I'm not gonna let you do this alone," she assured, making me smile. I was glad I had someone with me, after everything that had been going on right now, I couldn't do this alone.

"Thank you, V...for always having my back," I said sincerely.

She smiled, "I know you'll do the same for me Scar. Whatever happens, you can count on me." I nodded, and somehow felt a sliver of hope, and thought maybe it wasn't yet too late, I could still save Liv and her parents, we just had to find a way to get out of here, and it wouldn't be impossible as long as I had Violet with me.

Taking a deep breath, I heaved myself up from the floor and looked at Violet with a hint of determination, "There's no time to waste, V. We have to get out of here."

She smirked, "Now you're talking," she remarked as she stood up.

"I'm afraid that's not possible." We both turned to look at the man who decided to interrupt us as he stood outside our cage, hands on his pants' pockets.

"You!" I hissed under my breath. Glaring at Black, I stalked towards him until I reached within arms-length. If only we weren't barricaded by the damn glass wall, I would have punched him already, or worse, mangled his face. "I can't believe you still have the audacity to show your face, after what you did back there," I added through gritted teeth.

"You forced me to do it Scarlett."

I snorted in disbelief, "So now it's my fault? Are you hearing yourself right now?"

"If you weren't so stubborn, you wouldn't end up in a cell." I swiftly punched the glass as if I was punching his face, not minding the pain as I was too angry to even think about it.

"I despise you Black... If anything happens to Liv...I will kill you myself." As I glared hard at him, I saw something flashed in his eyes after hearing what I just said, but it quickly disappeared as he eventually composed himself.

"In due time...you will know my reason Scarlett," he said sternly before turning his back and walked away, leaving me confused and curious.

"What do you think his reason is?" Violet asked behind me, and I shook my head in response while looking at his retreating figure. Even if I grew tired of whatever his excuse was, I admit, my curiosity hadn't died down, I still wanted to know why he was doing this, and if he wouldn't tell me in due time, I would find it out, one way or another.

But enough of Black. I still needed to find Liv, and her parents, and I couldn't do that if I let myself got distracted.

I turned to face Violet, "V, we need to get out of here," I said intently.