Chapter 33 "Blood Spilt"

Scarlett

She was evil. A demented evil at that. As I glared at Helena, I balled my hands into fists, trying to hold myself back as I watched her pushed Sara in the center. She was clearly enjoying this, making me want to pound on her and wipe that stupid grin off of her face.

"Stop this Helena! Please!" Violet shouted desperately. She looked so distraught right now and knowing her feelings towards Sara, I knew she was blaming herself as she couldn't get the girl she loved out of this mess. I could tell much not just because I knew her, but also because it was what I was feeling right now. I was blaming myself because I couldn't get Olivia out of here. I should have been protecting her from this, I should have been the bodyguard I was expected to be, but here I was, exposing her to danger as I couldn't think of a plan.

Helena snorted, "You are such a buzzkill darling. Can't you let your mother have some fun for a while?" she asked flippantly.

"Is this your idea of fun? Helena...this is sick. You need to stop this," Violet countered.

"What makes you think I would listen to you? After what you did to me Violet." Looking at Helena, I could tell there was no convincing her, even if Violet was asking her to stop and surely, I could tell she was thinking she had won right now because she already knew the Coxs' location.

But she was wrong.

There was no way I would put Olivia's parents in danger. We may be in a predicament right now but it didn't stop me from tricking Helena by giving her a false location of the Coxs. But it would just be a matter of time before she would find out I lied to her, and I hoped that by then, I would be able to think of an escape plan.

Violet sighed defeatedly, "Please...mom. If there's still a part of you that cares about me...I'm begging you to stop. Don't make Sara do this, she didn't deserve any of this." Hearing Violet's plea, I saw something flashed in Helena's eyes for a brief moment. The smile on her face had disappeared and was replaced by a look of uncertainty in her expression as she clenched her jaw while looking at Violet. I thought for a moment Violet had managed to convince her but I was wrong when Helena suddenly burst into laughter.

The whole time I was looking at her laughing, all I could think about was she had totally gone crazy. There was no helping her and that meant only one thing.

"We won't be able to get out of here alive," Olivia mumbled, finishing my thought. I looked at her and saw she was staring directly at the evil boss. I couldn't read her expression and the way she said that statement, it was like she was sure of it.

"No, we'll get out of here. I promise you," I said causing her to look up. Even if she was sweating profusely and breathing heavily, she managed to show a small smile.

"Phew, that was a good laugh," Helena started, "but anyway, back to you Violet. Yes, I admit I still care about you. You are my daughter after all...but it's not enough, and it doesn't change the fact that you betrayed me. You see, I gave you a chance Violet because I thought we could start anew and exact our revenge together... but you blew that chance and still sided with them...Yes, I still care about you but...you are as good as dead to me now, my daughter. Just like before." Violet flinched on what she just heard, her stern expression had slipped up. I knew she still cared about her mother but I couldn't imagine what she was feeling right now after hearing Helena said that.

For a mother, it was the most hurtful thing to say and yet Helena had said it like it was nothing.

Violet took a deep breath, "Very well then. That's the only thing I need to hear...I won't hold back anymore, Helena," Violet said seriously as a lone tear rolled down her cheek.