Before I have a chance to reply, my vision becomes clear once more. Damien hovers over me and Cain is staring at me horrified over his shoulder "Aryah!?" I blink a few times, looking around. Relief fills their expression and Cain instantly turns  around to face Chris, grabbing his throat and pushing him into the wall with a thud, shaking the walls. His palm begins to burn, sinking into his skin. Chris flinches, becoming dismayed, desperately trying to break his grasp. "P-pl..ea..se!" He squeels. Damien eyes dart over me. "What the fuck was that!?" I readjust my stance and shake off the strange lingering vertigo. "Wait!" I yell to Cain, ignoring Damien. He turns his head over his shoulder, looking at me from the corner of his eye, keeping his grip firm on his neck. "I-I'm fine. I'm not sure what just happened, I blacked out." They both stare at me in silence, the only sound is Chris's desperate whimpers. "Cain, he hasn't done anything, let him go." I plead to him. Cain looks back to Chris and unwillingly lets him go. Chris falls forward gasping for air, clenching his throat. When he removes his hand, a strong burn mark outlining Cain's hand, lays perfectly in the center of his neck. My eyes widen as I had not realized what Cain was doing. "There's an energy about him that I don't trust." Damien says looking down at Chris who is kneeling over. "Ben." Cain calls out. Ben quickly emerges, bowing to them. "Your grace, what can I do for you?" Cain turns to Chris, "Escort him to the cell. I will be down shortly." Chris shakes his head vigorously. "Please your grace! This is unjust!" Ben grips his sleeve and drags him to the basement.

"He's hiding something." Cain says after a few minutes of thought filled silence. "I'm about to find out what that something is." Damien responds then turns to me. "Aryah, what was that about?" Cain turns to me waiting for an answer as well, both stares burning into me. "N-nothing, honestly, I'm fine. I-I just blacked out, maybe I ate too much." Cain brings a hand to his chin in thought and Damien narrows his eyes at me. "Maybe I need to lay down for a bit. Please excuse me." They don't respond but both watch me run up the stairs and down the hall to our bedroom.

"She's hiding something." Cain states plainly as they both stare at the now empty staircase. "But why would she? She wouldn't lie to us so easily." Damien responds and Cain turns around. "We should speak with him first. If she is, she would have a reason." Damien nods in agreement. "Why would she protect him." Damien scowls at the thought. Cain shrugs, "His energy is familiar."

---------------------------------------------

<-Chris's P.O.V->

The large guard drags me into the cell, throwing me in and locking it behind him. I jump up and run towards the gate. "You're making a mistake, please!" I call out to him but he ignores me and continues walking.

"Who are you?" I turn around to see a blonde, well dressed girl leaning against the wall behind me. "Chris... Who are you?" She scoffs at me and pushes herself away from the wall. "Wouldn't you like to know." I roll my eyes and turn back to the bars. "Not really." I whisper under my breath.

My body stiffens when both Prince Cain and Prince Damien stride towards me. I take a few steps away from the gate, breaking eye contact. They stop in front of the cell and look to the blonde girl. "Skye, come with me please." Cain opens the gate as he orders her. "Your grace I-" My sentence is cut off by a death glare from both Cain and Damien. Damien steps through the door, staring into me. "Speak when spoken to." I shut my mouth. We say nothing until Cain has escorted the blonde girl out and down the hall.

<-Damien's P.O.V->

I close the gate and lock it behind me, turning around to see the stranger cowering in the shadow of the corner. "What are your intentions here." He takes a shaky breath before responding. "Honestly, your grace. I mean no ill will." I narrow my eyes at him. "There's something about you. What is it?" He diverts his gaze, "I-I'm not s-sure what you mean, your grace." I roll my eyes at him. "You can stay here until you're ready to speak. I'll find out one way or another." I turn to unlock the gate, letting myself out and locking it once more. I stare at him through the bars. "Don't make me force it out of you." His breathing hitches when I finish my sentence. I turn and walk back down the hall.