"Have you been admitted to any of the medical schools?" I asked.

"Johns Hopkins accepted me since I technically 'deferred' my enrollment. I also received a letter from University of Chicago saying I was admitted via a legacy. Dad teaches a class there. I haven't heard from the rest," Rose said dejectedly.

"Where do you really want to go?" I pressed.

"Johns Hopkins or Northwestern," she answered. "I'd prefer staying close to home in case, you know, something happens?"

"Rosie, you are gaining strength every day. Plus, you're almost back to the weight you were at prior to Royce's attack on you," I said as took her hand in mine.

"But, Royce's trial is scheduled in six weeks, Eddie. What if he gets off? What if...he finds me again?" Rose asked, her green eyes hysterical and her breathing erratic.

"He won't get off. Trust me," I said as I hugged my sister. "Breathe deeply, Rosie." She clutched my shirt and breathed with me. "Again, Rosie." She sighed and relaxed in my embrace. "Better?"

"Yeah," she said meekly. "I'm sorry, Edward."

"Don't apologize. Your fears are very real and if I was dealing with them, I'd probably react the same way," I said as I pulled back. "However, the police had a ton of evidence against Royce, plus your rape kit, our statements and the two witnesses. He'll be going away for a long, long time."

"I hope so. I don't want to live my life in fear. When I'm with you or Emmett or even Bella, I feel normal. But, when I get home, it all comes apart. I'm afraid of my own shadow and of what might happen. Part of it is mom's insistence on doing stuff for me and dad's constant hovering."

"Have you considered moving out?" I asked.

"I have but I want to wait until I get accepted to medical school," Rose explained. "I don't want to sign a lease until I know where I'm going: Baltimore, Evanston, Cambridge or Chapel Hill."

"Makes sense. Rose, you can always come here if you feel overwhelmed by Mom and Dad," I offered.

"Thanks, Edward. I may take you up on that," she smiled, kissing my cheek. "Oh, by the way, Mom wanted me to invite you and Bella to Jasper's graduation dinner." She grimaced when she told me. "Sorry...they're really pushing this since you're not going to the graduation."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, pacing in my bedroom. "Do I have to go? I'm still so pissed at him."

"Me too, Eddie. But he is our brother," Rose said. "He's acted like a first-class douche to Bella and to Alice, but he is our family."

"Yes, we're family but he was disrespectful to Bella. He made her feel like she was less than nothing and not worthy my time," I growled.

"Well, Mom and Dad laid into him about his behavior. They said that if Jasper makes any comments to Bella that are inappropriate, we'd leave. Come on, I don't want it to be Mom, Dad, Jasper, me and Emmett. The more the merrier? Please? Pretty please?" she pouted and put her head on my shoulder.

"Where are we going out for dinner?" I asked flatly.

"Some new place called Alinea," Rose answered. "Eat before you come. The portions are über tiny and VERY expensive. But, Jasper wants to go there. I have no idea why. He's more of a meat and potatoes guy. I'd figure he'd choose Lawson's Prime Rib Steakhouse. Whatever."

"When is this dinner?" I sighed.

"Next Saturday."

"I can't next Saturday. I'm on, twelve hour shift," I explained. "So is Bella."