Chapter Sixteen

This is different from the norm. In all of the stories that I've read or that I've seen, all of the characters are disgustingly perfect unless they are written with very clear flaws. This story is about love (um, duh! Look who's writing it. I'm the queen of romance), and finding it in the least likely place with the least likely person.

Now, this story is based in a hospital. My medical training comes from...WebMD. I'm not a doctor, nor do I claim to be. I'm a music teacher who has a wild imagination and a penchant for all things Twilight (and with this story, added in a mix of ER! I loved Luca Kovac...) Which brings me to my disclaimer: None of this is mine. I'm not, nor ever will be, Stephenie Meyer. If was, I'd be rolling in the dough from her insane imagination that gave us Bella and Edward. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Sixteen

EPOV

"So, Edward, tonight's the night," Rose said, waggling her brows. "My big brother is finally going to get some!"

"Shut it, Rosie," I growled. "I didn't want to rush Bella."

"I'm glad you didn't. Bella deserves all of the romance and foofy girly shit that you do so well," Rose quipped. "So what are you doing? Taking her to a fancy restaurant? Renting a romantic room at a hotel?"

"Actually, no," I said, blushing slightly. "I'm cooking her dinner here and spending the evening together at my place."

"WHAT?! Are you kidding me? Bella needs more, Eddie," Rose pouted on her perch on my bed while I finished putting my laundry away. "Maybe Mom can pull some strings and get you into the W Hotel..."

"Rose, she doesn't want all of that," I said as I took her cell phone from her hands. "When she lost her virginity, her ex took her a fancy restaurant and a romantic hotel. Afterward, he ignored her and broke her heart. All of those things have a negative connotation in Bella's mind. If I do that, she'll start thinking that I'm going to dump her, when in reality, I want to be with her forever."

"Okay, I get that but you can at least make it romantic in here. I mean, geez, Edward. It's bachelor central in your bedroom," Rose teased. "Get some candles and flowers."

"I hate to burst your bubble, Rosie. I'm a bachelor," I snickered, ruffling her hair.

"Yes, you're a bachelor but you're in a committed relationship. Some of your girl should be reflected in your home by now. Does she have a drawer? Space in your closet?"

"I cleared out the space, but she doesn't want to leave anything," I frowned. "Bella has grown so much but in so many ways, she's still skittish about us."

"Do you blame her? The one other relationship she had, he skipped out after they were intimate," Rose shrugged. "I'm thinking that she will start to move some of her stuff after you make love and she sees that you aren't going anywhere."

"I hope so," I said as I sat down on the bed. "Now, enough about my life. How are things going with a certain trainer?"

"Emmett? He's great," Rose blushed.

"And...?" I prodded.

"And we're friends," Rose said as she played with a string on my bedspread.

"There's more, Rosie," I said as I tipped her chin up to look at me.

She closed her eyes and sighed heavily. She was shaking slightly. "I like him, Eddie," she breathed. "But, what if he won't want me after what Royce did to me..."

"Then he's not worth your time," I said quietly.

"Plus, I'm also applying for medical schools to get my degree in psychiatry. Only two are here in Illinois," she said. "University of Chicago and Northwestern. The rest are out of state: Johns Hopkins, Harvard, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. What if he doesn't want a long distance relationship? Plus, the age difference...he's a year younger than you, Eddie."