Chapter Fourteen

This is different from the norm. In all of the stories that I've read or that I've seen, all of the characters are disgustingly perfect unless they are written with very clear flaws. This story is about love (um, duh! Look who's writing it. I'm the queen of romance), and finding it in the least likely place with the least likely person.

Now, this story is based in a hospital. My medical training comes from...WebMD. I'm not a doctor, nor do I claim to be. I'm a music teacher who has a wild imagination and a penchant for all things Twilight (and with this story, added in a mix of ER! I loved Luca Kovac...) Which brings me to my disclaimer: None of this is mine. I'm not, nor ever will be, Stephenie Meyer. If was, I'd be rolling in the dough from her insane imagination that gave us Bella and Edward. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Fourteen

EPOV

Bella came back to sit next to me after she went to talk to Jasper. She was shivering slightly and I could tell that her heart was stammering against her chest. I kissed her forehead while I glared at my idiot brother. His eyes were wide with shock. Alice also was glaring at him.

"Jasper, outside. Now," she spat. Jasper followed Alice like a lost puppy dog. He had apparently pissed off Alice one last time. Why he couldn't see all of the goodness in Bella was beyond me. My brother had always been slightly vain but this was ridiculous.

"They might take awhile," Rose said. "Why don't the four of us have a game? The losers buy dinner?"

"Deal," Bella said, smiling at my sister. She hopped up and quickly changed the names on the screen. We bowled through our entire game, with Emmett and Rose kicking our asses, when Alice came back into the bowling alley with tears streaming down her face. "Alice?"

Her face screwed up into a tighter grimace and she flung herself at Bella, sobbing hysterically. Okay, first Bella. Now Alice? My brother is so getting an ass-kicking.

"Alice, what's wrong?" Bella asked, rubbing her shoulders.

"We got into a huge fight in the parking lot. I told him that I couldn't handle his close-mindedness," she sniffled against Bella's shoulder. "I asked him why he was so standoffish with you and he said because you were a fat ass and not good enough for Edward. So, I slapped him and ended it. I thought he was different. I thought he was the one but he's not."

"Oh, Ali," Bella frowned, shooting me a look.

"You deserve someone so much better than my other brother, Alice," Rose said sternly. She also shot me a look. Her eyes were narrowed. Are you going to kick his ass or am I? She seemed to say. I smirked. I pointed to my shoulder and nodded. Rose's face softened and she wrapped her arms around both Bella and Alice.

"How about this," Bella suggested. "We pay our bill and we'll have a girl's night at your apartment, Alice. We'll watch some cheesy 80s movies, gorge ourselves on ice cream and plan your revenge on Jasper."

"Kay," she said, nuzzling against Bella's shoulder. "Can I get a ride?"

"Sure, sweetie. Edward will drive you," Rose answered. Emmett and I divided up the bill between the two of us. The girls collected the shoes and we headed out to my Volvo. Rose was talking quietly with Emmett and it appeared that he was going to follow me to Alice's apartment. Bella asked me after she put Alice in the backseat if I could bring her scrubs and such to the hospital tomorrow. I nodded and kissed her forehead, so proud of her.

Alice gave me watery directions to her apartment. It was pretty close to Bella and Angela's place. Once there, Rose and Bella grabbed Alice and they dragged her inside, trying to get her to smile. Emmett was leaning against my door frame. His normally friendly face in a grimace, ready to kick some ass. "Edward, I like you. But your brother, he's a fucktard."