Chapter Twenty-Nine

Are you still with me? Please say that you are...Thank you for your patience in my wacky updating schedule. My life has changed rapidly over the past few weeks. I have an update on my blog about that if you're curious. Anyhow, I do thank you for sticking with me.

Now, none of this is mine. I'm no Stephenie Meyer (though there are days that I wish I was. Getting paid millions to write? Yes and please.) I like to slip into her world and borrow her characters because they are just so epically awesome!

Up next will be where we left off, in Bella's point of view. We're going to see how Alice reacts to Jasper and how Jasper reacts to Alice's relationship with Garrett. Also, Bella and Edward are going to celebrate Bella's birthday (can we say lemon? Lots of lemons?) Finally, at the end of the chapter will be the beginning of the angst. Some hated characters are going to come back and enact their revenge. Who will be the target?

Chapter Twenty-Nine

BPOV

The courtroom emptied out. We could still hear Royce screaming through the walls and hallways of the courthouse. Rose collapsed against Emmett, seemingly exhausted and emotionally spent. Esme was sobbing quietly against Carlisle and even Edward had a few tears in his eyes. Rose's ordeal was over and she could move on with her life. She could be happy.

"Come on, goddess," Emmett murmured against Rose's hair. "Let's get you home and you can crash, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded. He helped her up and almost had to physically carry her to the exit. Carlisle and Esme followed them, leaving the rest of us in the courtroom. Jasper was torn on going with Rose or trying to talk with Alice. He was running his fingers through his hair, stressing out over his decision.

Cynthia broke the tense silence, making Jasper's decision for him. "I'm glad that asshole is going to jail," she smirked. "So glad that I want to drink. Who wants to join me?"

"Fuck yeah! Count me in," Garrett said, holding his hand up. "Ali, you want?"

"Yes and please," she said, snuggling into Garrett's embrace. He gently kissed Alice's lip, murmuring against her mouth. Her face quirked up into a half smile, nodding against him. He kissed her again, eagerly.

"Edward? Bella?" Garrett smirked, pulling away from Alice. "The more the merrier?"

"You in, sweet girl?" Edward asked me, smiling at me in his warm, loving way. "I know you're tired..."

"No, going out for a few drinks sounds great," I answered, giving him a reassuring grin. Sleep sounds better.

"Jasper, you want to come?" Alice asked, being polite. Her tone belied her true intentions of leaving him behind.

"Sure," Jasper replied, giving Alice an excited smile. Her teeth were gritted as he responded and her hand gripped Garrett's suit coat. "Where?"

"Scofflaw Bar," Cynthia said. "We need some gin and Scofflaw is the best gin joint in Chicago. Plus, it's pretty close to here. We can walk."

"First round's on me," Garrett said as he stood up. He and Alice twined their fingers, scooting past Cynthia. She eagerly followed along with me and Edward. Jasper came up the rear, his hands shoved in the pocket of his suit pants. We walked the short distance to the bar, settling in a booth inside, with Jasper sitting on a stool at the end of the booth. We all ordered our drinks of choice. I stuck with water since I was still taking a Lorazapam every four hours to keep my anxiety in check.

Weak...you're weak, Isabella.

Ever since my breakdown over the dream, I'd been on edge. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder, fearful of the unknown. I'd also became more and more reserved and quiet, regressing to how I was prior to meeting my love of my life. Edward was concerned, encouraging me to meet with Michele. I did and she gave me some techniques on how to work on my anxiety but it didn't negate the fact that I felt something in my gut. Something bad was going to go down.