Playing With Fire

Start from the beginning

I stared off into the restaurant. I felt like I had said way too much ,but I wanted to hear his opinion.

"Well Ima be real. 9 times out 10 that women intuition shit y'all got be right. I can't tell you how many times a woman confronted me with the truth or suspected something and was dead on the money."

"hmmm..ok so what should I do ?"

"Do you trust him?"

"Yeah I do."

"Ok then Im sure whatever he's holding back if anything is for your own good. Women always think they wanna know everything ,but in reality they don't. Sometimes we want to protect y'all ,cause sometimes its too late to prevent."

I took a sip of my wine and thought about what he'd just said. If Chris was protecting me what was it from? What would he have to hide?

"Thanks for the insight. Now tell me something....Why did you feel the need to eye sex me at your performance?"

He choked on his water when I said the words eye sex. His face was turning red as his scowl turned into a low laugh.

"That's what I was doing? If I recall correctly you were "eye sexing" me right back shorty."

I rolled my eyes and waved him off.

"Just answer the question."

"Well you were looking all kinds of good. Like you could get pregnant tonight good."

"Wowwwww. That's new.", I said dryly.

"Im just being honest. You wouldn't have my kids?"

I cocked my head to the side in disbelief that he'd even asked me that. Clearly he wasn't joking by the look on his face. He was really asking me a serious question.

"uhhhh...If I found you attractive and we were together and married then yeah I'd give you a kid."

"So you don't find me attractive?"

I watched as he reclined back and licked his lips. A shiver went down my spine right to my core. I had to cross my legs to try to control myself. He was soooo sexy. I mean Chris was sexy and I never reacted this way ,but Dave was the kind of nigga women wanted all wrapped in one. He was hood , tatted, good hair, tall, muscular, smart , a little rude, blunt  ,fashionable, rich and just sexy.

"I think you're cute", I said curtly.

"Hmmm , thats what your mouth say, but the way you crossed your legs when I licked my lips says something else."

My breath hitched in my throat as I couldn't think of anything to say. As if God heard my prayers the waiter walked up with our food. I let out a sigh of relief ,because the conversation had become way to intense for my liking. As we ate I took the time out to check my phone. Chris told me he'd made it home and was going to crash. I forgot I left my charger over there so I had to make sure I stopped by to get it. I text my girls and told them I'd slide by if they were still there after I stopped at Chris'. My relief break came to a close a little too quickly as the waiter came by and picked up our empty plates.

"Don't think I forgot about the conversation we were having before the food came."

"I knew you wouldn't", I scoffed.

He threw his head back and laughed heartily. I didn't think anything was funny so I stared blankly at him.

"Tell me something....if you didn't have a man do you think you would mess with me?"

"Well I do have a man so whats the point in answering your question?"

"Can you stop being difficult? Its just a question ma."