Silence Prevailing

Half of the Goenka Office was all empty, most of them were in Kartik's cabin. They all had been working hard. This new project demands time and Kartik made sure that he and his team completes the task on time. He don't have time for delays. It was lunchtime and everyone were indeed hungry but then who can dare to ask a lunch break to Mr. Goenka. Finally, Mansi approached to him and said silently,"Sir, It's quiet late shouldn't we all grab a bit and then resume back."

Kartik gave a look to Mansi like what she saying but then seeing her puppy face and faces of all other employees he asked them to take a break for half hour. A broad smile appears on everyone's face, though he allowed him to take a break but then told them in a strict voice," But only half hour, any minute above that I won't spare a single person". Everyone were leaving when Mansi asked him about his lunch.

What could Kartik would have said, now day's he don't feel like eating and that too why not, he misses his Naira's kachori that could lit his face any moment. He just made an excuse,"I don't feel I like eating...!!".

But Mansi being adamant persuaded him a lot, she tried to drag him out of his cabin, when the door opened all of a sudden, startling them, where a bright smile appears of Mansi's face Kartik was all shocked why not Naira was standing there with a blank face along with Anmol holding the piles of files.

Well there is a secret that Mansi and Anmol are in love with each other which is known to Kartik and Naira only that too at the individual level. They never tried to even speak up about their assistants who are currently seeing each other.

Coming to the actual reality, Mansi came towards Naira and greeted her warmly," Welcome Mam.. Please be seated. I'll arrange lunch for you two..". Saying she eyes to Anmol to give two of them some space. He nodded and kept the files on the nearby table and also kept her lunch.

Anmol to Kartik," Sir, Mam, your lunch..We'll come back after half an hour..".

Mansi interrupted," Just like Sir said..".

Anmol retorted her," No Like Mam told..".

Mansi: No Anmol Sir has said...

Anmol: Mansi, Mam told us...

Seeing them fighting for no good reason Naira stopped him, screaming,"Enough..!!! You two go ahead and resume here in 30 mins.. Okay..".

Both of them just nodded leaving an awkward silence in the room. Naira took her baby steps and sat near the sofa, she knew Kartik gaze was intently looking to her and why not. It's been like after long time Kartik saw her in his cabin, though now they share silence, earlier they used to make memories of their passionate romance. Kartik took steps towards her not leaving his eyes from her, and she knew it very well. This gaze always makes her knees go weak.

She cleared the sweat from her forhead, the more he was coming close her hands were trembling. She arranged the plate and gathering some courage she looked to him, only to find him very close to her.

He bend down and took a seat nearby her and took the plate she has arranged for him. Things always leave him in aww, though they are not in proper talking terms but then she never failed to perform all the duties of a wife, thinking it made him wonder does he lacked in performing all rights and duties of a husband.

His chain of thoughts were broken by her,"Kartik, Food is getting cold.."

He nodded and started eating, it was silent awkward between them, both of them were having their morsel quietly. He thought to break the silent and asked,"Tum yahan.. All good..??"

Naira nodded her head and said, wiping her face,"Yeah.. Actually My client is same Mr.Gupta. You must be busy in preparing draft but actually we might need your help..."

Kartik nodded and said," Oh yeah I got it.. That would be great. I am sure together we can close this one as early as possible.. After Kartik and Naira partners are No.1 partners.. Isn't it..?" He completed the sentence flashing his bunny teeth. Seeing his cute face Naira help herself but adore him and pulled his cheek,"Aww.. Ofcourse mendak...

Soon "Mendak" came from her mouth, the smile on both faces vanishes like air, "Mendak", if Kartik remembers precisely it has been long long time he has been called "Mendak" by his Sherni.

The eye lock was depicting their love rather the void that has created between them. Guess, they could have shared a lot in their eye-lock but then it was disturbed by another love birds, followed my staff. Soon everything came back to square one.

Though Naira was there but still they were working together, but with each other's team though. They have finalized a draft however still few questions were left to be discussed with Mr.Gupta, just then Mr Gupta entered their office.

Mr.Gupta: Wow.. Mr. and Mrs. Goenka all together, I thought you are rivals...

Kartik jumped in between before he could complete his sentence," No, she is my wife..", with that he clutched her through her waist and pulled her closer, indirectly sending shivers to her spine and why not after so long time, seems like ages her Kartik has shown his possessive side to her. This action of Kartik had already proved Mr.Gupta to not think anything else about her.

He cleared his throat and said," Ohh Great.. Actually I have brought these party passes for you.. I am hosting a party at my farmhouse, not far from the city. Just a casual business gathering, I will be obliged if you two show up there..".

Kartik took the passes from him and passed a mute smile, but his hands were still resting on her waist.