Bitterness

Kartik reached home at his usla time, soon he entered the house he saw everything is in its perfect place, it was clear indication that his wife is here. 'WIFE' this word is becoming so obsolete for him. Shrugging his thoughts he made his towards stairs opening the buttons of his coat. He opened the door of their bedroom only to find Naira totally engrossed herself n work.

She heard door being clicked, the sight she saw infront of her could have sweeped earth beneath anyone's feet and why not her husband is looking so hot. Though he is tired yet those messy hair, the way he was loosing his tie and opened first two button of his shirt, i was making Naira's knees week. But then hold on what she was thinking, she was shamelessly staring her husband. She stopped her all these thoughts but then why he is her husband she has all right on him but then is their relation same like old times ..?

clean everything.

She cleared her throat, greeting him, " Hey..!!"

Kartik looked a her, she had binded her hair in a bud, small fringes of it were coming on her forhead. Dressed in a tee and loose pants, she was indeed looking so innocent.

He smiled lightly to her and said," Hey..!!".

She got up and went towards door," I'll warm the dinner and serve it, till then you come downstairs freshen up yourself..!"

It seems she do not want to stay in that room. Kartik threw his bag a side, keys on the drawer and took his shirt off. He stood under the cold shower, old memories were just hovering his mind. He clearly remember when he used to come office, Naira always used to greet him with her warm hug. No matter how busy she was, she always greeted him with her healing hug. And when he tries to loosen his tie and make himself comfortable, she always come from behind and help him out which then followed by their long passionate session.

Naira always used to say," Kartik... aren't you already tired..".

Then Kartik used to say," That's why Naira I took shower. It's so relaxing..". He completed the sentence with a little mischief as he wasn't alone there, it was them showering and according to Kartik, he was making himself all stress relief which is ofcourse his Naira.

Coming out of shower, he drained those thoughts and went downstairs and he stated earlier since his 'WIFE' is cleanliness freak, she had served the dinner very neatly and was silently waiting for him. The home which was earlier filled with laugh of his Naira is now filled with silence they have created among themselves.

The dinner was silent, they didn't even budge to tell about their deals they have cracked today. Naira was cleaning the kitchen slab when Kartik cam taking bottle from fridge and said," By the way we got the deal..!".

Naira was starlted a bit and asked again," Mmmm.. What..?"

Kartik with a slight smile, like a winning smile," I said we the Deal, for which I was preparing for a long time.. Gupta Enterprise.."

Naira gave a slight smile,"Congratulations". But at back of her head she cursed herself, she didn't even know for what deal Kartik was working so long. Kartik was disheartened, he thought she would give him a hug or something and congratulate him in much better way rather than just by saying 'Congratulations' in plain words. He went towards TV lounge flipping through channels. He was very upset and Naira knew about it.

But these days it is just that she couldn't bring up that courage to say anything, as according to her whatever she would say he will not understand. She didn't even make an effort to make him understand. She was cleaning her already clean kitchen when she thought, she also won a deal, shouldn't she share the same. But how...??

Kartik was just flipping the channels, increasing bit of their volumes, he didn't liked at all, when he felt something smelling good beside him. Naira was standing with a cup of tea, the same he like. He asked in confusion,"What...!!".

She said giving him tea," Actually, I also won the deal..!! So yeah kind of celebration time for both of us.."

Kartik took the tea from her and said same way she did," Congratulations..!!" and went his concentration back to TV. Seems this TV was more important to her.

She couldn't hold back and said," For courtesy you could have said in much polite manner.."

Kartik replied in same manner," Wasn't I polite just like you...!".

Naira was irritated by his behavior," C'mon Kartik for once can't you say something nice from your mouth or you really wanted to fight.."

Kartik was perplexed of her behavior and said," Fight..!! Where did it come from.."

Naira, defeating herself," Of Course why not.. Moreover only Naira can make mistakes and initiate fight, the great Kartik Goenka is never wrong..!!".

Saying she went to her room and Kartik just increased the volume of the TV because he don't want to hear anything, neither his inner voice nor what was coming in this idiot box.

Flashback:

"Oh god Kartik..You always scare me", Naira was working, when Kartik back hugged her and as usual Naira was shocked out of her wits. Kartik said in his childish tone,"That is because i just love you so much". He turned her around, making her to close her files and leaned closer placing a soft yet wet kiss on her cheeks, which turned more red than before.

Naira controlled herself not wanting to drown in his eyes and said," mmmm Kartik I love you too teddy.. But Sweatheart I need to work right now...Please leave me..".

But Kartik being Kartik he was adamant said," Ohh Hello Madam, busy you are in your office, over here you are my wife my biwi and all your time and attention should be given to me...".

And before Naira could retort to something, he sealed her lips with a passionate kiss and rest the room was filled with her moans and Kartik's name.

FlashBack ends

Constant remembrance of the old days were not letting Kartik concentrate on the news programme his was watching, so he decided to switch the television off. He was feeling a pain in his head, he closed his eyes, making an unsuccessful effort to make the pain go.

Naira fell on the bed, hiding herself completely in the blanket, with tears flowing. But due to her whole day exertion, she soon slept, while tears on her cheeks, waiting to dry and leave marks.

Kartik entered the room and he knew she was asleep, she was very very weak when it came to sleep, he very carefully lied next to her, switching off the lights. Still he care for her, is love still alive between them.

Days started to pass like this, a strange silence had prevailed in their relation.Both of them were burning in this anguish but they never made a sincere effort.

Kartik always wanted to amend things but he too but never tried from his full heart.

Days used to pass even when both of them didn't even looked at each other, didn't even talked to each other.

the most alarming thing was that they had stopped trying..

Things were getting worse, but they say when things get worse, the only next thing to happen is GOOD! Is it a call of new beginning or it is moving towards end.