Chapter 2 The Letter

Young 11 year old Lily Dursley was just cooking dinner with her mother while her brother and father was out in the city and her cousin The Harry Potter or what she preferred James sometimes. She thinks it's suits him. So Harry likes to call her Marjorie just to make fun of her.

Lily's POV

It was a normal afternoon me and mum were just cooking dinner for the family. By family means only me,my little brother Dudley, my mum,  and my dad. You must be wondering, don't you have one more family member? Yes. Yes i do and he is Harry James Potter. My family don't like him very much. But i don't see the reason why? I mean he is just a 10 year old boy who lost his parents in a car crash when he was only a year old. I mean imagine if you had a family out there and they suddenly die and you didn't even know them. Well thats how i feel like not knowing my Uncle James or my Aunt Lily.

Well back to cooking.

When i was cooking there was this owl carrying a letter. When the owl dropped the letter on the counter my mum looked like she just saw a ghost. As i pick up the letter. I almost thought it was a prank i mean come on a wizarding school? 

"Mum what's this?" i said holding up the letter. Then my mum sat down and told me everything, well not like everything - everything. But just you know about her sister, my aunt was a witch and about her life and all.

So after that long story mum said she'll let me go to Hogwarts. Just with one condition, not telling anyone about me being a witch.

Well that was one year ago. I was sorted into Gryffindor where i met one of my best friends, Loli SunKiss and the most annoying person in this world, Fredrick Weasley. Why is he the most annoying person in the world you ask?  Well for starters he was a bully, changing a prefect's hair green, throwing water balloons at first years including me and for the most annoying thing he kept asking me out. Not just for a week or a month but for a year. (Everyone calls her Lily Evans because her mother doesn't want anyone to know that she is A Dursley.)

This year is my second year. I just hope everything would get better. Less annoying because this year James is going to join me in Hogwarts. ( She already knows about Harry being The Boy Who Lived and all )

"Happy Birthday Potter" i whisper to James. "Thanks Dursley" said Harry. "Hey James blow your sand cake"i said, as he blow his sand cake. There was a big knock by big i mean BIG. Then the door fell down and we were greeted by Hagrid friendly smile. I smile back at him and he reply me back with a wink, Proffesor Dumbledore told him to pretend that he doesn't know me. Which is hard because he is very friendly towards me and the other Hogwarts students.

Then Hagrid started talking about Hogwarts. James not understanding any part of it made Hagrid quite upset that my parents didn't tell Harry anything about the wizarding world. But he quickly calmed down and sat back down to talk more about Hogwarts careful not to reveal anything that Dumbledore had forbid him to tell.

The next day Hagrid and Harry quickly left, to buy supplies. Lily of course was worried about him. She didn't want him to be overwhelmd by all the information and fame that was for sure going to come.