one

ethan dolan

Months and months past since Jordyn had passed away.

For the first few weeks I hadn't left my bedroom for school, for food, or for personal hygiene.

After missing so much school, my parents had to talk to me and basically force me out of the house so I could still graduate on time with my class. Even though I could care less about what happens to my future.

I haven't been taking good care of myself. I had spent two years taking care and making sure Jordyn was safe, that I never had time and never had the reason to take care of myself. She was always my number one priority and now she's just gone forever.

Currently it was lunch and all of my friends, Matt, Riley and Grayson sat around me at the plastic table.

My hood was over my head and I stared at my phone, like I do everyday during lunch. I never eat, I never have the appetite to.

I scrolled through my pictures of Jordyn and I. Looking at them never gets old.

"Ethan." Grayson said my name to try and get me to listen. "I don't think it's best for you to look at those."

I didn't say anything back. I just continued to scroll through them all.

"Please come back." I whispered to one of the pictures of her in a beautiful red dress she wore for one of our dates.

"Hey, uh, Ethan?" A girl walked up to me. I tilted my head up to look at her. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" I sighed and stood up to follow her out into the hall.

She stopped me by some lockers and I put my phone in my pocket.

"So I was wondering, since you aren't seeing Jordyn anymore, I was seeing this as my chance to ask you out?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"Excuse me?"

"Do you want to go out?" She asked again.

I was honesty in utter shock, I didn't say anything for a few moments.

"Jordyn's dead. She died in my arms and you think I'd want to go out with you after something like that happened to me?" I was growing mad.

"It was 4 months ago."

"What does the time matter?" I shook my head and walked back to the lunch table. I couldn't sit myself down though.

"Do people not understand that she's dead?" I stood up and talked loudly.

"Uh, Ethan." Matt tried to get me to sit down and quiet down.

"She's literally not breathing anymore and everyone ignores the fact. She's gone. I can never hold her ever again. I can never kiss her ever again. I can never protect her ever again. I can never call her my girlfriend ever again." My legs became weak and I feel back down on the chair.

No one said anything.

"She's gone." I whispered. "She's really gone."

comment and vote Xx