Chapter Eight: A Pureblood Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Us?" Fred whispered.

"Work?" George cried.

"Never," They said together. Draco and Harry laughed. They sat in silence for a moment before Harry turned to Neville.

"Neville Longbottom, right?" Neville's eyes widened.

"Yeah, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. How do you know me?"

Harry smiled,"You're the best in our Herbology class, you know like everything about it. You raise your hand every time. How do you know us?"

Neville blinked in shock." Ummm.. one thanks. Er.. yeah. Umm.. two how does anyone not know you? Harry Potter and the Malfoy heir? Best friends? Bloody brilliant in every subject. And both on the Slytherin quidditch team which by the way shouldn't be allowed in any way shape or form, but hey I'm not complaining. It's bloody entertaining to the the faces on the Gryffindors when they lose to a team with two first years on it." Harry and Draco blinked in shock, copying Neville, "Well then, Longbottom, I think my egos been blown up a bit to much I feel a bit lightheaded." The other four laughed as they approached the Hogsmeade train station with the giant red engine waiting to leave. They quickly found a compartment and sat down, Harry and Draco on one side and the Weasley twins with Neville in between them on the the other. They talked the entire train ride talking about random things. The five soon became closer than anyone thought possible for three Gryffindors and two Slytherins.

The intercom goes off signaling that they are approaching Kings Cross and the boys quickly change out of their robes.

The train slowed to a stop and the boys grabbed their trunks before walking off the train.

"Well,"

"We'll,"

"See guys,"

"Later,"

"Bye!!" The twins rushed to the already large group off red heads. The three laughed and waved as they looked around for signs of their guardians.

"Oh! I see my grandmother, I'll see you guys soon, later!" Neville rushed towards and elderly lady with a smile on his face.

"And then there were two," Draco said ominously. Harry laughed and looked for the tell tale blonde hair of the Malfoy family. A flash of it in the back caught his eye. He tugged on Draco's sleeve and pointed. Draco followed Harry's finger and smiled brightly when he saw his mother's face.

"Mother!" Draco waved his left arm until his mother saw him and when she did, he grabbed Harry's wrist his own trunk and speed walked towards his mother.

"Draco dear, how are you?" Narcissa hugged Draco, which was hard since he hadn't let of Harry's wrist when Harry went to stand directly behind him.

"I am well Mother," Draco responded lightly before pulling Harry gently out from behind him. "You remember Harry, Mother?"

Narcissa eyes the boy with a small smile on her face."I do." Harry looked up and smiled tentatively at her before shaking off Draco's grip on his wrist and bowing down to lightly kiss Narcissa knuckles.

"Lady Malfoy, a pleasure to see you again."

"Oh, stop this pure blood nonsense, call me Cissa." Harry smiled and nodded. "Grab onto my arm dears." Harry and Draco grabbed onto each arm and felt the semi-familiar squeezing of their lungs before landing in front of a the gates to a large and beautiful mansion.

To either side of them stone walls covered with greenery towered over them. Cissa opened the black gates and led them further until they came upon a small clearing. Harry looked up and his jaw dropped. There was six spiral towers, dozens of enormous windows just on the front side. Draco looked at Harry's shocked state and laughed.