13 ~ Library Encounters

Donghyuck was on his way to the library to get books, even though he didn't really need them. He just wanted to get away from Jaemin, who lately, had been trying to get him and Mark together.

He walked in and waved to the librarian. She didn't respond.

Donghyuck frowned, oh well.

He saw a boy sitting at a desk, not too far from where he was. He looked so interested and into his book that his face wasn't visible, he was holding the book up in front of it.

Donghyuck went over to the shelves where the books on animals were. He picked one too many and carried them to his table.

I wonder where Mark is..

He sighed and picked one up, and saw a big fly in front of his face.

Donghyuck screamed so loud.

"AAAAAAAA!"

The librarian got up and hit him on the head with her book. Light enough, but it still hurt.

The boy sitting at the table looked up, but Donghyuck was too busy to notice.

The librarian let him go with a warning.

Donghyuck picked up another book and read the first page of the story.

This sounds interesting! I'm going to read it.

He read it and flipped though the pages carefully, seeing as it was a pretty old book.

The boy across the room saw him closely looking at each page with interest, chuckling when Donghyuck's eyes widened when he saw a picture.

Donghyuck kept reading, but on page 127, he stopped.

There were two silverfish slithering around across the book.

"AAAAAAAAAAA!"

The librarian came again and forced him to get out.

"Didn't I warm you not to scream?" She picked up his book and read a page.

"This book doesn't even seem scary at all. Why the hell are you screaming?"

"I-"

"You're going to make an excuse. I've been working in this school library for years now. Can't fool me."

"But you just-"

"Get out.."

"But my-"

"I said, get. Out."

Donghyuck sighed and got up, eyes watering. She didn't even bother to listen to what he had to say. The book was really interesting, too.

The boy who sat across from Donghyuck got up and took the book he was reading.

He went up to the librarian and asked if he could check it out.

"Mrs. Irene, may I please borrow this?"

"Didn't know you were into that stuff, but okay Mark."

He quickly grabbed the book and ran after Donghyuck, who was slowly trudging down the hall.

"Yah Donghyuck!"

Donghyuck came to a halt and looked back in surprise.

"Uhm.. I saw you were really interested in this book.. here." Mark held it out in front the younger who looked taken aback.

"You? You were the one reading in the library?" He asked.

"Yeah.." Mark replied, shrugging.

Donghyuck was speechless. "Didn't know you read. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

Donghyuck's shaky hand accidentally touched Mark's, but he took it.

"Thanks.. again."

"No problem."

Donghyuck gave Mark a small smile and ran off happily with the book in his hands.

Both boys' faces were red.

Since when has he started going to the library.. that's kinda cute Donghyuck thought.

Mark heaved a sigh of relief and whipped out his phone.

markeuree: I did it

jaymen: yayyyy

markeuree: I pretended to be interested in a book like you said

jaymen: did you place the book on the correct shelf like I told you to?

markeuree: yes

jaymen: placed the silverfish correctly?

markeuree: yes and doing that was rlly scary ngl

jaymen: mhm did he get kicked out

markeuree: duh

jaymen: you gave him the book

markeuree: yes.

jaymen: you guys touch hands

markeuree: YASSSS

jaymen: AGH omg yay!

markeuree: yeah it's good start but pay up sis those silverfish were creepy asf

jaymen: sry sissy I already used my money

markeuree: on what?

jaymen: my plan for your date ;)