"You are really something."

"Thank you for the compliment. By the way, not that I don't find your visit truly pleasant but it can't be without a reason so can I ask that reason?"

Abeer knew her brother's best friend and personal assistance was good at looking into details. She was actually here for something.

"How's Bhai? How's he doing?"

"You don't call him?"

She twirled a stray lock of her raven hair in her fingers. It was the same color of her brother. Probably the only physical trait she shared with him. Her eyes were of rich honey color. She wasn't as mysterious as Rayyan and not as easy going as Rohail. She had her own aura. But what a spitfire she really was, hadn't lost on Haseeb. She could be quite difficult to handle whenever she wanted to be.

"I do actually. But it's been just a few weeks I've gotten my brother back. No matter how close we siblings get but we have gap of years to fill. I still don't know him that deeply. You are his best friend. You can read him even when he's all closed off and that's saying something. So here I'm."

Haseeb looked at her intently as if he was trying to read her as well.

"You've put some real effort in making things easy for him. That little help from Miss Zirwa is not that much of a secret you think it is."

Abeer looked flushed. She didn't know he knew about that.

"And trust me when your brother will know about it, He'll just thank you for making this a bit easier from him."

"That was the least I could do. So What does he tell you? How's it going for him?"

"It's pretty smooth by the looks of it. But it's just the starting. Let's see how he goes from here. But I can say he's optimistic."

"You think he'll get it?"

"Get what?"

"His happiness."

Haseeb leaned into the chair looking in her eyes.

"I've known your brother for as long as I'm in the business world, Abeer. He's ambitious. He's determined. He knows what he's doing almost all the time. I've seen him bringing this company to what it is today from nothing but scratch. It gave him contentment. A feeling of power. Of having the upper hand. But happiness? No. Never. This is the first time in his twenty seven years of life he's working not only for his but other's happiness also. And if this isn't a good sign I don't know what it is. He's had his fair share of pain and sufferings. Now is the time for him to live and that he's doing quite well. Don't worry."

Abeer nodded slowly with a smile slowly reaching her lips. A silent prayer left her heart the same time asking for nothing but her brother to get everything he was yearning for.

"By the way in all this I forgot the basic host etiquette. Coffee or tea?"

She thought for a moment.

"Ice cream."

"Seriously? You sure you know you are in your brother's office right?"