*Prolouge

Please read this first before continuing. This book is the first of a series and the second of the chronicles. Just a heads up that I started writing this book when I was 15 years old so the style of writing is quicker and the characters aren't as developed as I'd like. I am editing it off wattpad to update it to my liking later on. I recommend reading Deception, it is a book that I am currently writing. It is the first book of the chronicles and the first book of its own doulogy. The characters are more in-depth and relatable and the story is a lot more realistic. As realistic as it can be for a werewolf book lol. Anyways, please continue reading as you wish I do appreciate all my readers support and criticism as it helps me grow as a writer! Enjoy! (Message added to prologue 2/18/2021)

><•><•><•><•><•><•><

"We are in neutral territory right Elena?" I asked my older sister as we walked with our half empty back packs.

Being on the run now for nearly three months is finally taking a tole on us. We're both running out of money and running out of ideas. After our pack so kindly kicked us out, for god knows what reason, we've been hunted down ever since. Not by our pack or rival packs but by vampires. Yup, our pack hired vampires to kill us. If you know anything about werewolves and vampires you know we don't get along very well.

"Yes, I'm sure of it." She assured me as we both continued on to the nearest town. My feet were beginning to hurt and with every step I was pretty sure blisters were forming.

"How much longer?" I dared to ask. It was becoming a habit to ask Elena ever few miles how long our journey was and how much longer we would be. We would be there quicker if we were in our wolf forms but we can't risk a pack's patrols from sniffing us out. Being a rouge in a pack's territory is never a good thing. It's a recipe for death.

"We should be... here." Elena answered cheerfully as she gazes down at the valley below. There was a small town, better yet it was microscopic to any prying eyes, which gave me a sense of security I haven't felt in nearly three months.

I smile at Elena and we both raced down the hillside and from the covering of the forest.

"Last one down the hill was the runt of the litter!" Elena yelled as she sprinted down.

"Hey! You had a head start!" I shouted back with a little annoyance in my voice. Elena always cheats why should I be surprised? She was the older sister, but she new I got the strong genes physical while she got the brains. Yet, we were both pretty. That was something we got from our mother.

Once I finally caught up to her she was already down the hill and smirking at me victorious. I was out of breath and sweating, bending with my hands on my knees looking up at my older sister. She was looking around the microscopic town and her eyes brightened when they landed on something behind me.

"What?" I asked finally standing up a little out of breath still. I fixed my backpack and turned to where she was staring at. There in all it's wonderful glory was a motel. A wonderful, yet a bit dirty, motel.

You have no idea how truly happy we are right now looking at this beat down motel. Yea, sure it's beat down but it's a hell of a lot better than lying on the cold forest ground all night long.

Walking up the motel office I felt the need of a restroom and told my sister, leaving her to sign us in. The bald motel owner looked at us suspiciously but said no words of it to us. I turned away and began my route to the bathroom when I felt like I were being watched. I shook off the feeling, making myself believe I was just being paranoid. Being on the run and hunted down will do that to you. Trust me.

I did be business and examined myself in the mirror. My skin was pale, I no longer had my natural olive glow to it. The blue eyes that use to be vibrant were no longer shining and my long brown hair was blain and limp like a piece of over cooked spaghetti.

I threw some water on my face and quickly hurries back to Elena. Yet again I felt like I were being watched. Working up the nerves to look around I saw a black shadow-like figure standing on the opposite side of the lot but as I blinked and reopened my eyes it was gone. I stood there awhile testing myself if I was just seeing things but I guess I was because I didn't see it again. Probably just the lighting and the sun going down making my brain play tricks on me.

"Catch, Mia." Elena tossed me the motel key. Catching it with ease I unlocked the dingy motel room. It wasn't much but it was way better than the hard ground of the earth.

"I call talking a shower!" I yelled dropping my backpack on the floor and running in the bathroom.

"Mia! You got to take a shower first last time!" Elena yelled banging on the door.

I laughed as I leaned my body against the door to hold it up. Once she stopped hitting the it I heard her growl out curse words and that she was going into town for food. I smiled victoriously and started stripping out of my ratty clothing. We would need to get new clothing soon. My black jeans were a muddy gray and my sweatshirt was tattered and fraying in the elbows and hem.

We haven't gotten new clothing for awhile trying to save up as much money as we could for motels and food.

Soaking in the warm water of the shower I allowed my body to relax. My muscles were sore and my knees were scratched up from a fall I took earlier today. It stung every time the water touched the wound but it wasn't even close to the pain I felt when both Elena and I in countered a small clan of Vampires. When a vampire bites a werewolf they carry venom, and enough to kill us. The only thing that kept Elena and I alive was the ability to break free from it all and escape with just enough time to spare our own lives.

Washing myself clean I towel dries and wrapped a towel around my body, letting my long hair down to air dry. Walking out of the bathroom I searched for Elena. Surely enough I found her but she wasn't alone. She was being held against a built, tall, muscular man with a silver knife against her neck. There was three of them in total. NOT a fair fight.

"Hey Mia?" Elena crocked out wincing against the blade.

"Yea?" I answered back clutching the towel close against my body.

"I may have made a mistake about that neutral territory."

~><~><~><~

Author

I just could not hold back any longer! So here is "Ruthless"!

If you think it's not a book for you then be my guest and quit but every book starts a little rough around the edges just give it a chance it all I ask for.

Also if you want to read my other books! They're not bad just give it a chance as while.

~><~><~><~

Copy Right Protected. All content written content written by Writing_my_mind, is owned by Writing_my_mind. The novel "Ruthless" is not to be copied or transcript in any shape or form. All ideas and characters are owned by Writing_my_mind. Failure to obeyed by the copy right protection on this book will end up in a fine and possibly a court sentence.