"Yes, he is. Normally, he's pretty ditzy but never mean. I don't know what his deal is," I said, looking up at my friend.

"Can we kick his butt?" Emmett asked, cracking his knuckles.

"Um, yeah. He made my girl and her best friend cry. My brother is going down," I snorted. "You want to ride with me or follow?"

"Follow. I've got an early shift at the gym tomorrow," Emmett replied. I nodded and gave him directions to Jasper's apartment, in case we got lost. After a fifteen minute drive, Emmett and I were parked on the street. Jasper had given me his key and we used it to gain entry into his building. Emmett looked fucking scary as he rolled his head, readying himself for a fight. "Are going to go in there with fists flying or are we going to yell?"

"Yell, then fists," I answered as I put my glasses into my pocket. It was a tense elevator ride up to Jasper's floor. Once there, I found his apartment easily and let myself in. God, my brother is such a fucking bachelor. This is disgusting. His one bedroom, studio apartment looked like a fucking dorm room.

"God, he's a slob," Emmett hissed.

"Yeah, he is," I shuddered. "I don't even want to know what he has growing in the fridge."

"It smells like a moldy sweat sock in here," Emmett grumbled. "Let's find him, kick his ass and then go home to shower." I arched a brow at my friend. "Not together, moron."

"I know that," I chuckled. It wasn't until we both shut up that we heard quiet sniffling in the bedroom. "Good, he's crying. He knows he fucked up."

"Does that mean we don't get to pummel his ass?"

"We'll see, Emmett," I replied. I walked to his bedroom door and shoved it open. Jasper was on his bed, his head buried on his pillow. "You know you brought this on yourself, asshole."

"Go away, Edward," he said sadly. "I know I fucked up. I get it."

"Apparently you don't," Emmett growled. Jasper's head shot up at Emmett's voice. "First you fuck with Bella, who is the nicest girl on the planet. Then, you hurt Alice? You are really dumb, man."

"Jasper, I just don't get it. Why do you feel it necessary to belittle my girlfriend? She's been dealt a shit hand of cards and you are just adding to it," I seethed. My voice was calm but my temper was slowly bubbling to the surface.

"What do you see in her, Edward? A girl you can control? A girl you can fix?" Jasper snapped, hopping up from the bed. He got in my face and glared at me. I reared back my hand and punched him squarely in the jaw. His head whipped back and he stumbled, his eyes wide with shock. "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"Jasper, listen carefully," I snarled. "Your attitude is fucked up. It ruined your relationship with Alice. I will not allow your prejudice for MY GIRL ruin my relationship with her. Bella is smart, beautiful, funny and loving. She's everything I will ever want in a woman. If you can't respect that, then, you may have lost a brother."

"And a sister, too," Emmett chimed in. "Rose is disgusted with your behavior."

"Thanks, Emmett," I said. "You never used to be this closed minded, Jasper. Now, you have to deal with the consequences of your actions." I turned on my heel and left his bedroom. "With the attitude you have, you're going to live a very lonely life. I hope you're happy."

"Edward?" Jasper whimpered.

"Unless you are going to apologize and mean it, I'll listen. If not, I'm going and I will not talk to you until you've finally grown up. I'm not going to choose between my brother and my girlfriend. I'm going to choose her since she's the epitome of goodness of the world."