Chapter 19: Don't Let Go

HARLOW'S POV•

Tilly, Shay, and myself are all in the kitchen setting up the pizza on the island and putting the beer in the fridge. Fred and the rest of the guys are in the band room waiting for Em and his crew to get here.

"Har, you better be practicing your normal act so Fred doesn't pick up on anything. You and Em have been spending a lot of time together lately so don't get too comfortable and slip up!" Shay looks at me with a stern look.

"Don't trip, I got this." I smile confidently.

"Mhm we'll see." Just then the door bell rings, Shay looks over at me, "I think me or Tilly should answer that, you need to stay away from him!" Shay warns.

"No, I got it. I really wanna see him!" I smile happily, butterflies instantly swarm in my stomach.

I wipe my hands on the dish towel and walk over to the door and open it revealing a sexy Marshall and the rest of the guys.

He smirks down at me as he leans in hugging me tightly. "Fuck can I kiss you?" He whispers in my ear and my cheeks heat up.

"NO!" I say a little too loudly.

He chuckles, "I know, I was just kidding." He smirks down at me.

I smile as I walk back towards the kitchen and push the button on the wall to let Fred know to come in here, the band room is sound proof so he has this set up so all I have to do is push the green button and he'll see a light turn on in the band room and come see what I need. I could walk them down there myself but I decided to let Fred come up and grab them.

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" I asked as we waited for Fred.

"Yo, you got a beer?" Proof asks.

"Here you go." I handed him one along with everyone else, just as Fred entered the room.

"Yo! Y'all made it, what's up?" They all slapped hands and said what's up to each other. "Man, we got pizza and beer help yourselves man, Em follow me and we can go over everything." Fred says as all the guys grabbed some pizza and headed towards the band room. Em turning one last time and looking back at me and smiles. The butterflies start up again. I hear Tilly talking and it pulls me from my mind that can't stop thinking about Em.

"So you guys remember that audition I have coming up right at Def Jam records?"

Shay looks over at her, "yeah they heard your demo and wanted to meet up with you right?"

"Yes, that's the one. Well I have the material that they've heard already but she told me she wanted me to audition in person with something new that wasn't on my demo so now I'm strapped to try and put something new together on such a short notice, but it has to be good nah it has to be perfect. You guys know how long I've wanted this!" She says desperately.

"I am so proud of you, this is a huge deal even if nothing comes of it Tilly, just the fact they wanna audition you!" I tell her with so much excitement in my voice.

"Girl I know but I want this so bad." She takes a deep breath.

"I know you do, and you deserve it your voice is amazing and you're so talented because you write too. They would be crazy not to sign you!" I rub her back encouragingly.

"Yes, I second that! You know I've always said we should have started our own girl band, only reason we never did is 'cause my ass wouldn't have shit to contribute, I can't sing and I can't write for shit!" Shay says and we all laugh at her honesty.

"We love you Shay even though you can't carry a tune to save your life!" We all laugh.

"At least you both can sing, and write, I guess it's a good thing I can work a stripper pole like nobody I know!" She shakes her ass confidently.