Chapter 30 - You Have Me

Yachi's POV

"Wh-what are you doing?!" I panicked at Tsukishima-kun stood up and started walking over to the guys who touched Aki back at the cafe. They were seated on the bleachers on the other side of the court. I followed him as we walked around the courts while Aki played against Jiro.

The guys were casually watching Aki as she ran around the court, sending wolf whistles and nasty comments down her way.

"She's focused," Tsukishima-kun said as we walked.

"At least she isn't getting pushed out of her groove," someone suddenly said. I turned around and saw Tanaka-san and Noya-san following us.

"Oh no," I muttered to myself.

The guys of the volleyball club can be very protective of their own, especially Tanaka-san and Noya-san. Although, this is the first time I've seen Tsukishima-kun like this...

They casually sat on the seats behind the guys, and they didn't even notice.

"Oi," Tanaka-san said casually. They turned around to look at us. The look on their faces showed that they were a mix of scared and pissed.

"T-Tanaka-san," I muttered, tugging on the sleeve of his jacket. I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to calm them down.

"Gonna kick us out again?" one of them said with a smug look on their face.

"Only if you don't show yourselves out," Tsukishima-kun said with a serious look on his face.

"Or we can kick your asses and teach you not to talk and treat girls the way you do," Tanaka-san said. His hands were balled up into fists and he had his iconic "gangster" face on.

"And what do you have to say about it, cutie?" one of the guys asked, winking my way. I wanted to slap his face, but the guys looked like they were ready to do it for me.

"You wouldn't want us to add another report to your record, would you? I'm sure your school wouldn't like that," someone said. We turned and saw that Daichi-san had followed us. His arms were cross and he had a scary smile on his face.

"Tch, this place is no fun," one of the guys said.

"Beat it," Tsukishima-kun said, following up with a glare.

The guys rolled their eyes, stood up and left, while the rest of us went back to our seats. Aki was still focused on the game. The score was 19 to 20, Aki in the lead.

"Go Aki!"

"Beat his ass!"

"Did someone actually just yell that?" I asked to myself, letting out a small laugh.

And with one last rally, Aki had won the match, and the crowd cheered.

"She really turned the badminton club around, huh?" Sugawara-san said with a proud smile as he clapped along with the rest of us.

"She re-invented it," Ukai-san said, letting out a small laugh. "I remember how lackluster the badminton club was years ago. No fight at all. They competed but never really won any titles for themselves. Members started quitting until the captain did too, and they disappeared."

"And now she brought it back," Hinata said with a smile. "With a tournament win on top of all that! She really is amazing, huh, Kageyama?"

I glanced at Kageyama-kun and he didn't say anything at all. He just kept his eyes on Aki with a small smile on his lips and a slightly rosy tint on his cheeks.

Kageyama's POV

"You guys did great," Daichi-san said as the crowd started leaving the badminton gym. Aki and the rest of her club were packing up and we were helping out. "Everyone was hyped up!"