Chapter 27 - What Did I Just Say?

Oh hi, my name is Mae and I like procrastinating for my finals projects.

Anyways, I've started up a Patreon and a Ko-fi page! This is mostly so I can rack up some savings to go to conventions and maybe get a new laptop so I can have more time to write for you guys! My laptop is pretty much failing me and because of that, I barely have enough time to write fanfics for you guys! So I'm hoping to get a new one. Your support would be greatly appreciated! Here are my links:

https://ko-fi.com/A5454T4C
https://patreon.com/moiradenise

Also, I'll be uploading all of my works onto Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our own very soon!

Thank you so much and enjoy this chapter and the rest of the story!

~_~_~

Akira's POV

"Aki?" Yachi-chan called out to me as we were carrying boxes of ingredients into the gym. "Are you okay?"

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

"You look like your head's in the clouds and you've been blushing for quite a while now," she answered, letting out a small laugh.

"I have?!" I asked a little too loudly. Everyone else glanced at me for a bit. I let out a sigh and tried to regain my composure. "It's uhh, it's nothing, don't worry about it, mmkay?"

"If you say so," she said, letting out a small laugh.

We all got to work, getting started on cooking the rice and preparing the drinks and whatnot. We also changed into our uniforms by batches. The upper batches from the volleyball club went ahead to change, along with Jiro-kun.

"What do you think?" He asked as he walked towards us, now in a long-sleeved polo top, slacks, and a waist apron. His hair was slicked back too, making him look a little extra formal.

"You look great!" I said. "It suits you, actually!"

"Really? Maybe I should consider working with you back at the café then," he teased. I rolled my eyes but then Nishinoya-san cut in.

"Oi, no way we're letting you do that," he said. Tanaka-san was right behind him.

"Yeah, you can't go invading the space of Tsukishima's girl!"

"You guys!!!" I said, letting out an embarrassed sigh.

"She isn't his girl yet," Jiro said with a smile that looked both innocent and devious at the same time. "So I wouldn't speak too soon. Besides, she could be my girl."

"You've got quite the balls to say that when she's been blatantly ignoring your advances," Tsuki said as he passed by, a smirk rested on his lips.

"W-what's that supposed to mean?" I asked in utter confusion.

"Ara? Is a rivalry forming right now?" Sugawara-san said, letting out a laugh. "Well let's all calm down now. Everyone else, please get dressed! We'll be starting in a couple of minutes!"

The crowd of club members that were starting to form around us dispersed. Us girls headed to our respective changing room while the lower batches of boys headed for theirs to get dressed as well.

"These look really cute!" Yachi-chan said as we took out our uniforms.

"Alright girls, let's hurry up and put these on so we can make some adjustments if needed," Shimizu-san said as she began to get undressed. We all followed suit and everyone else got into their uniforms and I helped make some alterations.