7•Days and nights

Start from the beginning

"Can she stay with you tonight?"

I smiled and pressed the microphone on the keyboard to dictate my answer "Of course," then I pressed the blue circle with an arrow. Even if I had taken Alexandria to her bedroom, she would've gone to her parents' bedroom in the middle of the night as she always does, but I imagine Elena wants some privacy with her husband.

She sent a kissy emoji – the cutest one. I left my phone on the nightstand and continued watching Tangled as I stroke Alexandria's hair. I don't know how many movies after it was, but I heard Diavolo's door opening so I made sure Aldria was surrounded by pillows before I left my room to go knock his door.

"Come in," he said from inside. I turned the doorknob and caught the last glance of his bare chest as he slid on his white shirt "Hi bunny, what are you doing up this late?"

I walked to him and just hugged him "Thank you," I whispered against his chest.

"For what, bunny?" He asked, gently lacing his arms around me.

"Everything you're doing for me." My gaze raised to look at him and found him already looking at me "No one had ever been this good to me."

Diavolo showed me a gentle smile, making me blush "I have a surprise for you and I was going to wait until tomorrow because I thought you were asleep, but since you aren't, why don't you go grab that folder?" He pointed at his coffee table.

I nodded, pulling away and rushing for the item he asked me to get "Can I?" I pointed at the place beside him.

"Of course," he nodded "open it, please."

I took a deep breath before opening the folder; it was a small stack of papers with lots of words and signatures on them; a frown appeared upon my face when I wasn't able to read it "What do they say?"

"That you're no longer married to Jack – you're free, bunny," he ran his fingers through my hair as he smiled at me.

Tears sprung my eyes as I processed his words. I never thought I could be so happy to shred a tear but now many of them are rolling down my cheeks – I've never been this grateful "Thank you," I whispered hugging him tightly.

His lips pecked my head "It's my pleasure, bunny."

I looked up at him and kissed his cheek "I will never be able to thank you enough for all that you're doing for me; you have shown me kindness I didn't know existed."

"I promised to take care of you and I mean to keep my word. Now, look under those papers," he pointed at the folder.

An excited sigh escaped my lips "Okay," when I looked under the papers I saw what it seemed like a thin black book with golden letters "What is this?" I opened it and saw my photo and a lot of letters on the right of it.

"Your passport, bunny, you can travel now," Diavolo told. "We can go to the Mamma Mia island, use the family yacht in the Mediterranean or go to the Italian Alps, which is where I used to spend all my Christmases – the possibilities are endless."

"And I only need this little book?" I asked, half confused and half excited.

"And a plane, which I will provide, along with everything else," Diavolo winked.

My eyes moved back to the passport "I never thought any of this would be possible for me, and day by day you open the world more and more for me, Diavolo. Thank you so much, for everything; you have no idea how the small and big things you have done mean to me."

"I do, and that's why I do it, Davina," his knuckles gently caressed my cheek. For a moment we looked into each other's eyes and I felt an imaginary pull, pushing me towards him; I've never desired to kiss anyone, not until now.

Diavolo cleared his throat as he got up "It's late, Davina, and I shouldn't be holding you here."

"You aren't," I assured, getting up. "But I understand if you're tired, good night."

He reached for my hand as I walked past him "Good night, Davina," then he let his fingers slip through mine.

When I went back to my room, I turned off the TV and tried to fall asleep, however it was impossible; the only thought in my mind were those seconds in which I considered taking the chance to kiss him, because it seemed as if he wanted it as well. I normally hate when men touch me but his touch, as innocent as it has been, is something long for day and night.

 I normally hate when men touch me but his touch, as innocent as it has been, is something long for day and night