Chapter 6

Chapter 6

••Hazel's POV••

I can't look at him, I can barely be in the same room as him. I don't know why either, I love him, I want to forgive him, but I can't. I don't think I'll ever be able to truly forget it, no matter how much time passes. I know it wasn't actually him, but the anger and hate in his eyes....I think I'm scared of him.

••Ashton's POV••

The nausea is getting worse, I feel dizzy and I can feel sweat making my shirt stick to my back and my hair, now long and shaggy - and in need of a wash - stick to my face.

'Come on,' Erica shouts,

'We need to move, there's a block on teleporting down here, but once we get out we'll be able to leave!'

'Wait!' I say, wincing as my voice reverberates through my pounding skull, it feels like there's something trapped inside, trying to bust it's way out through my skull. I catch sight of Hazel looking at me, with something that looks almost like sympathy before I catch her eye and she turns away, leaving me feeling even worse than before.

Erica doesn't stop running but replies,

'What Ashton?'

'We have to get rid of Tictus.' Erica looks back at me, and for a second I see Calum, then she's Erica, I shake my head slightly, I guess the hallucinations are starting.

'We need to leave.' She tells me shortly,

'I know you want to have some kind of macho showdown with Tictus because of what he did to you and Hazel but you'll have to save that for later, right now we're leaving.'

I stop running, it takes her a few seconds to realise what I've done,

'No.' I say quietly, though my voice echoes throughout the tunnel.

'Ash, what are you doing!' Jamie shouts, almost begging,

'Please, we need to leave, I can't-' She stope, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She wipes them away angrily, typical Jamie, never wanting to seem weak.

'If they catch us,' She says,

'They will skin is alive - well in Erica and my cases dead, but if you get caught you will die and you will Fade instantly, you can't become a ghost in Limbo. You will be gone forever.' With those words she glances out of the corner of her eye at Hazel.

••Jamie's POV••

Ash walks forward and takes my arm, pulling me slightly off to one side. He bends down, his eyes filled with sadness and whispers in my ear,

'Jamie, I don't- there's nothing I have to live for anymore.' My eyes widen as I take in his words and I almost start crying again,

'Don't you dare say that!' I practically scream in his tired face.

'Don't you even dare!'

The girl, Hazel, jumps slightly at my loud voice and looks at us curiously, though still not directly at Ash, she seems almost nervous of him. He whispers in my ear again,

'Jam, she won't even look at me, she hates me. The one person I have or will ever love hates me and I just....I just can't do it anymore, we're never going to get out of here and I'm so tired of it all. She's what's kept me sane all these weeks and with her gone I won't be able to carry on.'

I stare at him, my heart breaking for him. He was always like my big brother and seeing him like this is horrible. I step forward and hug him tightly, placing a note in his pocket, he'll need it later.

'You really don't care if you die, do you?' I say after moving away.

••Ashton's POV••

The weight of everything that's happened to us over the past months that I've been trying to hold up seems to be crumbling down all around me. I don't know if it's what Tictus did to me or what, but I just feel ready to give up.

At Jamie's question I look at her and then shake my head,

'No.' I reply softly, no longer whispering,

'I don't.'

I turn to Erica and Hazel who avoids my eyes, they've been watching our exchange from afar,

'You guys go on,' I say,

'I'll meet you by the entrance to the arena, most of the spirits will be gone by now, just keep out of sight and if I'm not back in an hour then leave without me.' Hazel opens her mouth as if to protest, but stops before any words leave her mouth.

Erica sighs,

'Fine,' She says,

'Just be careful, okay?'

'I....yeah.' I say, before turning away and starting in the opposite direction, back towards - I hope - Tictus.

••Hazel's POV••

I watch as he runs away from us, my stomach in turmoil, I don't want him to go, I need him, but when I try to speak it's like there's a block in my throat and I can't speak.

'We need to go,' Erica says, and as I don't move and just watch the corner Ashton disappeared behind she grabs my arm and spins me around to face her, slightly roughly and shouts at me,

'Now Hazel! We need to go, now!'

'I- yeah....I know, let's- let's go.'

We start off again, even though I know I should be running the other way, back towards him. Back towards the boy I love.

Authors Note Thingy

Hey, so I know I never really do these note things but I'm just saying thanks for all the reads and stuff and that I'm really sorry for not updating that often and also that this chapter is quite short, but yeah....oh and votes are very much appreciated (comments are awesome too coz I need some constructive criticism.) Okay see ya.

Oh and I'm really sorry for what I'm gonna do to them but I'm mean so I'm doing it anyway :)