.019

The gang goes to the big house leaving Justin to fend for himself, much to Adeline's dismay. She likes her brother, sometimes, when she gets to see him and he's not a meanie.

Come to think of it, that's how she has spent her entire life. Forgiving people who are mean to her then letting them hurt her again. She needs to change something.

You're drunk. Her mind distracts, convincing her that it's the liquor coursing through her veins making her think crazy thoughts and not a real feeling.

And Oh Boy . . . she should have listened to herself.

+

Harry POV

I want nothing more than to crawl in bed and go into a coma. However, that is not something the universe allows.

I spend the car ride home pulling Adeline's wandering hands off of me. I want her hands all over me, always. However, I'm not in the mood after the night I've had. Who does she think she is going around kissing her brother?

That's disgusting! No matter how half related or close they are. Not that I can say much with all the deprived and atrocious, weird stuff I'm into or have done.

Regardless! She doesn't just get to kiss strange boys, or any body except me.

I grumble under my breath and stare out the window, my chin resting in my right hand and my left wrapped around the handle of my 9mm Glock that is tucked into the waist band of my trousers. I hear soft mumbling to the left of me and look over with a half curious/half focused expression, the sound having pulled me from my thoughts.

In a very thick English accent, Adeline is singing "The City" by The 1975. The corner of my mouth turns up in a slow crooked smile.

I've always liked The 1975, I'm surprised she knows them. Doesn't seem like her type of music. Which becomes clear as she starts singing "Mercy" by Kanye West. I give her a crazy look, which she doesn't see because she is looking out the window dancing in her seat provocatively.

What am I going to do with this girl.

"I gotta Glock in my 'rari," she sings making her hands in the shape of a gun. "17 shots from 38.

I'm like yeah she's fine," she starts dancing again. "Wonder if she'll be mine, she walk past I press rewind to see that ass one more time."

I ignore the rush of emotions, and turn away, tuning her out. I can't think about her right now. I have other thing to worry about.

Like the fact that there's a stupid kid here trying to ruin everything and I haven't gotten any work done since Adeline showed up. Maybe I should let her go to school, then I could get something done. I would worry about her too much, though. Everyone knows she's mine now and I need to protect her because someone will try to use her against me.

I would be absolutely gutted if anything happened to her. Lots of people would be dead, if that happened.

We finally get to the house and I make my way inside without waiting for Adeline. I hear her whine slightly from somewhere behind me, but continue to walk away. I get up to my room and change into some joggers and a t-shirt. Adeline walk into the room as I'm turning away from my chest to leave the room.

"Get to bed doll," I mumble, walking over to where she is sheepishly standing and cupping her cheek. I place a kiss on her forehead softly, pulling away and looking at her. "I have some work to do."

"But I wanna come with you," she pouts her beautiful lips at me.

"No love," I say softly, petting her cheek gingerly. "You need your rest cause you're still ill and I have a lot of work to do."