.001

This is it.

My first time all by myself. I got accepted into my dream school, NYU, and now I'm living here on my own. It's so exciting! I feel like such a grown up, which is new and quite frankly, very surprising. I'm quite the child, I've never acted my age and I don't plan to start, but this is exciting.

Sighing happily, I flop down on my bed and smile at the ceiling. I was always told not to live on campus, because there's stupid rules and curfews, so my parents got me a place not far from the campus. I'm not even afraid to live alone, I'm 100 percent positive nothing bad is going to happen to me. The city is amazing and magical, anything could happen.

Giggling to myself, I roll off my bed and look up the number for a Chinese place. After finding one that delivers, I call and place my order, then sit down on the couch and turn on the t.v.

Tomorrow is the first day of classes and I'm hoping I can make some friends. I'm pretty open and forward, so I think I'll be okay, but it's scary to think I might not have any friends. I don't think that will happen though.

Someone knocks on the door and I quickly stand and answer it. The delivery guy hands over my food and I pay, then enjoy a delicious meal and prepare for the day ahead.

+

It's finally the end of the day, and I am beat. It's been wonderful, though I haven't made any friends, I was invited to a Frat party tonight, so I'm pretty pumped. I take a short nap, then eat a quick meal and have a shower. I dry and curl my hair, then dress in a lace shirt that shows my bra underneath, and a short neon yellow skirt that hits just above mid-thigh. I look pretty tight.

After slipping on my black pumps, I grab my phone and keys, shoving them all in a clutch, then exit my apartment. I lock the door, then head to the street, hailing a cab to take me to the house.

It's a dark night, but the house is lit up. Loud music spills from the cracks, along with people. I wrinkle my nose in disgust at the smell wafting off some of the people I pass, I scurry inside to avoid being the target of projectile vomit.

The floor is littered with empty red solo cups, being trampled into the plush carpet by the hordes of feet maneuvering clumsily through the house. I tighten my grip on my purse and clench my other hand in a fist as several greasy looking boys brush up against me. I will cut a bitch of someone gets too handsy. I make it to the kitchen, and look around for a familiar face.

"Oh my gosh you made it!" The small girl who invited me, Rose, shouts. "Jim!"

I look over to the guy she is signaling and meet an icy blue stare. I watch as she gestures to me, her words getting lost in the music. "This is the girl I was telling you about!"

"Oh hi," Jim sticks his hand out and I reciprocate the friendly shake. "It's nice to meet you."

"Like wise," I shout so he can hear me. "Is this your party?"

"No, I wish," he chuckles. "Its great right?!"

"Totally," I fib. I like parties, but this is just out of control. I have no idea what is going on and I can see, from where I'm standing, at least a dozen couples having sex.

We exchange small chit chat, though I'm not really paying attention. I'm more observing everything that is going on, and it's a lot. Music, games, dancing, I think people are playing beer pong in the backyard and truth or dare in the basement. I'm glad the music is blasting, because I'm almost positive every bedroom in this joint is being used.

"Hey," Jim catches my attention. "There's someone I want you to meet."

I nod and remain where I am while he goes and grabs his friend. I listen halfheartedly as Rose starts to babble in my ear. My gaze falls on a tall boy, with dirty blonde hair styled into a quiff.