Truth?

I heard knocking on my door. I knew getting up and scrambling off would make it obvious, but I just needed to get away from the conversation asap!
"Go away.." I mumbled from below my covers.
"It's me..." Matt's fragile voice filled my ears, I couldn't say no to that...

"The door is open.." I reluctantly replied.
As soon as I said that, The door clicked open and I was greeted with Matt's gentle features. His soft, overgrown, ginger hair, his big, blue, glossy eyes, his pale soft skin and little freckles dotted all over his face and back of his neck. He was beautiful I had to admit, but he's always been my best friend, and it'll be staying that way.
Matt sat down on my bed, being careful not to accidentally sit on me since I was under the covers. He began stroking my hair.
"Why were you crying last night..?"

I didn't want to answer, But we vowed to never lie to each other. He even knows about the army, I'd never lie to him, Only if his life depended on it. I know we argue, But that's like siblings. We argue as much as possible, but we're still each other's best friend.

"I just felt bad about the way I was treating Tom."

"Why did you treat him like it then?" He answered bitterly. I hated when I pissed Matt off. I also hated it when he was right..

"I didn't mean to.." I really didn't.

I heard Matt sigh, still playing with my hair.

"Tom has gotten over you, you know that right?"

"I'm not surprised" I really wasn't.

"He's going to break up with you in a week." Matt looked away from my eyes and down to the floor, still playing with my hair.

"W-what?!" I didn't know what to say, of course I knew it was coming, but oh god not this soon! I wasn't ready! He can't break up with me!
Matt noticed my panicking and stopped playing with my hair. Instead, he used that hand to cup my cheek.

"I'm sorry Tord, but it was bound to happen." Matt looked back at me, with sympathy in his sparkling eyes.

I just closed my eyes. I didn't want it to end, I wasn't ready. All I needed was a second chance, just one!

//

Whew! 384 words! I know I don't make my chapters very long, but I'm in the mood for writing today, so there's probably going to be an extra chapter or two, and maybe even a new book!

Also, I know no one reads this but yeah if you could, share it with a friend?

Thanks much! Xx