Chapter 37: For the Last Time: Home

Start from the beginning

"She wasn't supposed to be your mate! She was pathetic! A non-shifter! You needed a stronger mate! You were supposed to be Briella's mate! Not her pathetic sister's mate!" He shouted back. 

I felt my wolf push to the surface even more. "Pathetic and weak? You dare to call my Luna pathetic and weak? She is stronger than you and I combined! Or have you conveniently forgotten that she kicked your sorry ass all the way across the clearing? She forced you to submit you worthless piece of trash! And for Briella being my mate? You think I'd want the goddamn pack's bicycle? News flash father, I'm not you! I love her, have since the moment I knew she was meant to be mine! So if you say one more word about her, I swear nothing will stop me from coming into that cell and killing you like I have been dying to do since you ordered me to reject her all those years ago!" All the anger that I had pent up finally spilling out with every breath and syllable. 

It was quiet for a brief moment, until I heard a menacing growl coming from the stairs behind me, a growl that made even my wolf whimper. Maybe one thing could stop me from killing him myself and that thing just growled. That growl could have only come from one person: my mate, and once again she looked pissed.  

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) - Where she left off with Logan 

"Are you really standing in front of me or am I dead - again?" I asked slowly, not knowing if I really wanted to hear the answer.  

"It's me sweetie." He said looking unsure, but before he even finished getting the words out I was running towards him, hugging him with all I had. 

"Wh-why would you let me think you were dead? H-how are you alive? They told me you were dead..." I asked into his chest, not ready to let go yet. 

"Why don't we sit down and I'll explain?" He offered. I nodded into his chest and let go, walked to the chairs in the kitchen and sat down.  

"So what happened after I blacked out? The last thing I remember is seeing you get attacked by rogues." I said after a moment of silence. 

He let out a sigh. "I can't really tell you what happened because I don't really remember. All I know is I fought off some rogues who were going to attack you, and then I blacked out as well, from the blood loss probably. When I came too, I was healed, but hundreds of miles away from where I blacked out. My wolf told me that he took control while I was out, to keep us safe and in order to help us heal faster and survive. Apparently that had been months... But because I didn't know if you had gotten away or what not so after I had control again I came back here. I thought you might be here, if you were alive, or at Philip's. I guess I has just missed you when I finally got back to Philip's, he said you had just left to take care of some issue back at your old pack...?" He trailed off.  

"You're telling me Philip knew you were alive?" I was outraged! Hadn't I just seen him? Why the hell hadn't he told me Logan was alive? The person I mourned over for months on end! 

"Before you go and kill him, you have to know that I told him not to tell you I was alive." He gave me a sad smile. 

"Why?" I asked heartbroken, was I that bad to have around, he just wanted to keep me away? Is that why Philip had that nervous face when I showed up at the club last night? Did he think I was going to kill him or something? Granted I might have if I had known about this! 

"He told me about everything you went through, and when I missed your departure, I didn't want to reopen any wounds, I just wanted you to move on and start a happier life, back home, with the mate I knew you'd forgive someday." He smiled, "Philip has been keeping me updated from what he has heard from Riley."