The New World - Old Version

Start from the beginning

Jumping down the stairs two at a time as if I was a child brought attention to me by a stranger standing at the bottom step making me almost lose my balance. His hand stretched out to grab mine as if to help, but I shook it off. I didn't need any help from a man I didn't know; let alone one of Sean's friends or my dad's business partners. All they wanted to do was get in my pants and I wanted none of that. Stepping around him I head towards the kitchen to grab a soda while I waited for Chris to pick me up.

Chris is my best friend; yes he is a boy. If I haven't told you I'm not normal well I have now. Chris is 6"2' with blonde shaggy hair and a chiseled body made out of stone. I mean he is hotter than Patrick and that's saying something. He is easy going and acts as stupid as I do, sometimes even worse than me. We draw quiet a crowed from time to time.

Taking the last step into the kitchen I come to a dead halt when I see six...seven...nope eight guys standing around the dining table. These men weren't small either. They looked as if they were all body builders. Not those guys you see in catalogs at your local gas station, but the ones that every woman would die to have. These men would have no problem picking me up and throwing me across the room for football practice.

"It's nice to see you finally joined your family for breakfast Sarai," Holly sneered at me. Wow way to show how nice a woman you are in front of the men. Stupid woman!

Shaking my head I ignore her as routine. I reach over and snatch a soda out of the fridge and go to lean against Patrick's chair. I wasn't going to take the chance of sitting down and never getting up again for hours. If I stay standing at least I could make a clean break. That is if I could run around the men, they did take up a large amount of the space.

"I see you have your duffle bag with you sis; does that mean you're staying at Chris's house again?" Patrick asked politely of me.

"Yup!"

"How long this time?"

"I'm not sure, I would probably say about a week or two. I have clothes for two, but we don't know when his father will be back and you know we don't stay there when he comes back from his business trips." Chris's dad was a beater and we always made sure we were out of the house hours before he showed up. The last time we didn't I ended up with a broken arm. He didn't care who he hit, but he did love to hit me more than Chris; maybe because I'm a girl and he thinks I'm an easy target; which I am.

"Yes, I know. Be safe you hear me. If there are any parties, I better know about them right away so that I can keep any eye on you. We all know how the guys at our school can get around you. I swear you must have some bit of Queen Aphrodite in you the way they swarm at your feet night and day." I heard little growls, but thought it had to be dogs outside. "I wish it was that way with the ladies and me." His last words were spoken with wishful thinking. This boy is an idiot.

"Oh shut it Patrick. You saying you're not popular with the woman is like saying werewolves are real. Its utter bullshit and you know it." I smirked at him.

"Watch your mouth young lady I will not have you speaking that way in my house," Holly glared at me. I swear if I was 18 already I would be long gone.

"It was my house before yours so I'll say anything I want Holly," I whispered. Not that I didn't want to try my step-mothers patience today, I didn't want to look the idiot in front of others.

"Do you not like werewolves Sarai?" The voice came from the door and when I looked up I noticed the same man that I saw at the bottom of the stairs, leaning against the door frame.

"Are you craping me? If they were real I would be finding my mate this second and pouncing on him. I mean come on a werewolf for a mate? The body he must have and oh the sex!" I didn't care that I didn't know this stranger. I closed my eyes thinking about the endless sex dreams I've had about being with a werewolf, preferable my mate. Yes I am a pervert; it comes with being friends with only guys.