Many, many Years Later

Year- 2013

It was almost midnight, when a young man, walked pass what used to be the lake of Avalon. He was almost away from it when he heard water splashing. He turned around and walked to the lake. And there on the edge of the lake stood a man, fully dressed in armour with a red cloak, that was soaking wet hanged over his shoulders.

The young man walked closer.

"Arthur!" He smiled as soon as he recognised the man. The man looked up.

"Merlin?" He questioned unsure, not recognising the clothing Merlin wore.

"Come on, lets get you somewhere where you can put on some dry clothes." Merlin said and he led Arthur towards his apartment he was staying in.

Merlin gave Arthur some dry clothes and showed him how to use a shower. Which wasn't easy.

"Merlin, What year is it? How long was I gone?" Arthur asked as he stepped into room, that Merlin called the living room.

"Arthur, you've been gone for more than a thousand years." Merlin said and Arthur sat down on the couch and Merlin handed him a warm cup of coffee.

"What's this?" Arthur asked.

"Just drink it. It's not poison." Merlin said and Arthur took a sip.

"Wait, If I have been gone for a thousand years, what happened to Adelaide and our child?" Arthur asked.

"Well, Adelaide had twins. She rules Camelot for twenty five years, until your son was old enough to take over and then she came to find me." Merlin said.

"Is she still alive?" Arthur questioned.

"See for yourself." Merlin pointed towards the television, not that Arthur understood what it was.

There was a show on. Arthur watched intrigued as the people moved on the screen, when suddenly Adelaide appeared in front of him.

"What's that look on your face?" The Adelaide on the television asked the man opposite her. Arthur did not like it one bit.

"What look?" The man asked Adelaide.

"The kind of look that makes me want to punch you." Adelaide said

"Oh my God, You are Derek's sister." The man said.

"Why is Adelaide in your moving picture box?" Arthur asked Merlin.

"She's what we call an actress. She acts in different things." Merlin said

"I don't understand."Arthur said.

"You will once you begin to learn how to use everything and how everything changed. But for now we both need rest because I have work in the morning." Merlin said.

"Work?" Arthur questioned.

"Yes, I have to pay for food some how." Merlin said.

+Days Later+

Merlin entered his apartment, just to see Arthur sitting on the couch with what looks like a magazine in front of him. On the cover page was a picture of Adelaide.

"When can I see Adelaide again?" Arthur asked.

"We just need to find you some legal documentation then we can go see her." Merlin said

+Months Later+

They had finally got Arthur an ID and a passport. They, more like Merlin, was packing their bags. Their aeroplane tickets layed on the kitchen table. They were going to see Adelaide.

Merlin's phone rang. He answered it.

"Merlin." Adelaide's voice filled his ear.

"Hey, how are you?" Merlin asked.

"I'm good. So when are you coming to visit. I want to show you the set and you should meet my friends." Adelaide said and Merlin could hear the happiness in her voice.

"Well I fly out tomorrow morning, with a friend if you can get two passes." Merlin said.

"I can do that. Should I pick you up at the airport?"Adelaide asked.

"No, actually, I'm going to rent a car." Merlin said and Arthur entered the room

"Well, I'll see you soon Adelaide stay safe." Merlin said, and hanged up before Adelaide could replay.

"Why won't you let me talk to her?" Arthur asked

"Because I want her to be surprised when she sees you." Merlin said and Arthur nodded.

The next morning, they left for the airport at the crack of dawn and bordered their plane at seven.

Arriving in California, after Arthur had a few panic attacks for being so high in the sky, Merlin found a car and they drove to the set, where Adelaide was filming.

"Names?"The guard asked.

"Colin Morgan." Merlin said the name that he created for himself many years ago. The guard handed him the two passes. He gave them the direction towards where Adelaide was.

He parked the car and the two got out. Merlin handed Arthur his pass and they walked into the building. Some people greeted Merlin, since they knew him as Adelaide's cousin. Merlin and Arthur stood a few meters away and watched as Adelaide acted her part. She hadn't noticed Merlin or Arthur yet.

The director yelled cut and walked towards Adelaide whose back was still towards Merlin and Arthur. They could not hear what the director was telling her but they saw her nodding. Adelaide turned around, not spotting them yet as she walked towards a chair that had her name on the back.

Merlin and Arthur walked towards her.

"Adelaide." Merlin said which cause her to look up, the moment she stared into Arthur's blue eyes, she dropped her bottle of water and ran towards him, throwing her arms around his neck. Arthur moved his arms around her waist.

"I've missed you so much." Adelaide said into Arthur's neck.

'I've missed you as well." Arthur said and kissed Adelaide.

The End.