The Sorcerrer's shadow

(A/N- This chapter is short but I hope you enjoy it. The next to Chapter will be longer.)

)

A week has passed since Adelaide moved in with Gwen. She and Arthur occasionally talked but not a lot since they don't want anyone to suspect anything. She was dressed in a long sleeved blue dress, that had white stitched around the collar and the end of the sleeves. Her hair fell over her shoulders. She walked into the busy streets of the lower town of Camelot.

There were red and yellow flags hanging between the buildings. It was to decorate Camelot because there is a tournament that takes place every ten years where anyone can compete. Commoner or nobles alike. Adelaide made her way to the castle where she knew Gwen would be.

She was on her way to Morgana's chambers when she ran into someone. She looked up and saw Uther looking at her.

"Sorry your majesty." She said and walked around him, the king turned around.

"Adelaide, where have you been the last week?" He was curious to know, since a week ago when she was found innocent of not using magic she was rarely in the castle. She had not joined him, Arthur and Morgana for dinner the last week like she always does.

"Not to be rude, your majesty, but I can't stay under the same roof of someone who was about to burn me for something I did not do." Adelaide said.

"Where do you live now?" Uther asked.

"With Guinevere." She said then she turned around and walked away. Uther had not realized that he had hurt her that bad. He may not show it but he actually care for her, as if she was his daughter.

*NEXT DAY*

Adelaide got dressed the next Morning. She was joining Merlin to watch the tournament.

She followed the crowd to the arena. The men were lined up. There were big and small men. Adelaide could see Arthur's red cloak in the front line. Adelaide watched as Morgana walked into the stands but no Uther.

"It is my pleasure to welcome you all to Camelot. This is a contest like no other, it is open to all comers, including our reigning champion the king," Adelaide watched as Uther walked into the Arena, "There are no rules. No weapons are banned. The last man standing takes the prize," Adelaide watched as Morgana made her speech then she started smirking, "Let the tournament begin." Morgana finished.

Adelaide stood next to Merlin and Gauis and she watched as everyone fought. Adelaide suddenly felt magic. It was not Merlin's, but it came from one of the contestants Adelaide did not know who is was.

The tournament ended for the day and a few contestants went to the next round, which is taking place tomorrow, other did not make it. Adelaide was with Gwen when the warning bells started ringing. She and Gwen decided to leave it since they don't want to get involved.

+Next day+

Adelaide got dressed in a red long sleeved dress, that had a black corset that that ties around the front, her hair was in a side braid to it won't get in the way when she helped Gauis with the injured men. Adelaide stood with Merlin and Gauis again just like the day before, watching the tournament. She watched as a boy about her and Merlin's age walked into the arena, he had a weird silver ring on. As he fought his opponent Adelaide watched him closely. That's when she saw his eyes flashing yellow and he won against his opponent.

"Merlin, that competitor is using magic, that's illegal." Adelaide said to her brother.

"I know, I'm handling it but he's hard headed." Merlin said glancing at Adelaide who nodded.

Adelaide knew Merlin would get away to talk the boy out of the tournament. Adelaide watched as Morgana announced the contestants for the next day and Arthur was going against Uther.

Adelaide knew that was going to bed hard on Arthur because Uther is his father and he didn't want his father to be embarrassed in front of the whole city.

+Next day+

Adelaide stood in the stands nearer to the arena. She was dressed in a light blue dress that had bronzed coloured stripes at the sleeves and the strings at the front were the same colour. It tied in the front. Her hair hanged in loose curls over her shoulder.

She watched as Uther walked into the arena. Arthur looked nervous. They started to fight and Adelaide saw that Arthur was going easy on Uther but no one else seems to realize it. On the end Arthur let Uther win. Adelaide watched as the boy that was using magic walked into the arena. Merlin had told her and Gauis he had withdrew from the tournament. Adelaide walked out of the stands to where Merlin and Gauis were standing.

"I thought you said he withdrew from the tournament." Adelaide said as she walked closer to Merlin.

"He told me he would." Merlin said. Adelaide saw that the boy won.

"He's fighting against Uther tomorrow, you do realise that and if he uses magic in front of Uther and Uther sees him he will be killed." Adelaide said to Merlin who nodded and followed the boy.

+Next day+

Adelaide watched as the boy fought Uther. She looked towards Merlin and throughout the whole fight she could see Merlin using his magic to protect Uther from the boy's magic. Uther won in the end. Later that day Adelaide stood on the top of the wall where the guards would usually stand and she watched along side Merlin as the boy left Camelot.

"Why did you save Uther?" Adelaide asked

"Because if Arthur saw Uther being killed by magic he would start hating it too and then Albion will never come." Merlin said and Adelaide nodded.