Chapter 1

Akan also known as the red city was shining like the sun, the red crystal walls glowed like bars of light. Farms, cottages and small house stretched for miles while rivers flowed underneath the walls and transparent red roads which crisscrossed the red city. Merchants, traders and travellers entered and left the city, the giant wooden gates were open wide providing   space that was big enough to allow twelve carriages to pass through the gate comfortably with space to spare.
The wooden gates if shut could hold back an army. Elven grandfather wood once cut from it's tree cannot be destroyed once left in the sun for a day to harden. It becomes harder than diamond in that period of time. The  red crystal walls were made by dwarves and we're as strong as the gate.
The red city was made by dwarves from a crystal mountain, elves then took over the city before the peace treaty between elves and humans was made. It took many more years before the dwarves stopped being slaves.
If someone was to ask the captain of the guards who sat in one of the two watchtowers which sat on the walls and flanked the gates. The city was made for kings, even the outer city which the red crystal wall protected was too nice in it's making to be called the slums of the city.
At the early age of thirty he had already achieved so much. You can only become the captain of guards if you are the best in everything (intellect, fighting abilities, leading abilities and good instincts). His instincts were extraordinary good to the extent that he could almost smell trouble, like the boy who rode a horse  towards the gates. He didn't even have a saddle.
The boys entire thoracic region was bandaged, his entire right hand was also in bandages along with the right side of his face. The kid was shirtless,  he was wearing breeches which were too big for him.
The horse which the boy was riding was a dark stallion, which is a very rare and wild horse but the horse was at ease with the boy. The boy most likely stole the horse, a boy who looked as if he couldn't afford a meal could definitely not afford a dark stallion.
The guard at the gate stopped the boy at the gate to ask for the boy's reasons for coming to the city, the captain could tell that the boys grip on the horse mane became stronger. The captain looked an arrow in his crossbow and aimed at the boy's head so he could kill him if he tried anything shady.
The guard at the gate gave the boy a look over before dispatching another guard to the boy. The captain shook his head knowingly only royalty or the gifted were given an escort and the boy was obviously not royalty. That reminded the captain he had to prepare for the elves that were arriving.