“Hey Lou,” Louis said as he watched Liam jump on Harry who was already down on the grass. He waved and smiled when he saw his boys look over at him. “What’s up?”

“Oh Louis, thank goodness you picked up! I was wondering, well, would you be interesting in taking in another kid?”

“Um, well I’d have to make sure it’s okay with Harry and Liam-”

“Well, can I just- well can I at least just talk to you three?”

Louis hesitated but let out as he gave Lou a reply. “Sure. When?”

“In about an hour?”

“See you then Lou,” Louis said as he hung up the phone. He sighed, frowning at the phone before shoving it back in his pocket and standing up. Luckily Harry and Liam were heading back towards him so he didn’t have to call them out.

“Are we leaving?” Liam asked, his face plastered with sweat but his smile still wide as ever.

“Yeah, Ms. Teasdale is coming for a little visit,” Louis explained. Harry furrowed his brow, confused as to why Lou was coming over.

“She said she wants to talk to the three of us,” Louis said answering Harry’s unspoken question. Louis braced himself for Harry to snap, but it didn’t happen.

“Hopefully it’s a new kid situation. I kind of want a girl,” Harry said thoughtfully. Louis gaped because he knew his husband could be very wish-washy about the whole kid situation. To see him handle it with such ease made Louis’ heart elate as they walked back home.

The walk home was filled with Liam’s chatter about playing against Harry; naturally, Liam states he beat Harry and Louis doesn’t question him. Rather, he just looks over at his husband with a playful smirk and Harry shrugs it off, knowing that their son is probably right. Besides, they could all agree on one fact: Harry was quite rubbish at football.

By the time they reach home and clean up, the doorbell is ringing and Liam rushes to answer it.

“Who is it?” He calls out, knowing better than to let someone in without asking the proper questions.

“It’s Lou!”

Liam smiles and swung open the door to reveal a very tired looking Lou. She smiles, regardless that she didn’t have her coffee for the day, and gives Liam a hug. Louis and Harry tread out into the room and see Lou, and her bags under eyes.

“Lou, please come in,” Harry says as he takes Lou and helps her on the couch. “Do you want coffee? Tea?”

“Tea, please,” she said softly as she rubbed her hands over her face.

Louis, two steps ahead, had already had a fresh pot brewing so it was only a moment later when he placed the cup in Lou’s hands.