-Part 17-

I woke up and stared at the dark ceiling.
The room was pitch black, except for the window, which let in bright moonlight beams.
I sat up, and began to walk down the stairs. I was making extremely slow progress bur I was going down the death trap myself. I was three steps away from the floor, and my hand slipped. I did a painful summersault onto the foyer floor.
I granted in pain and laid there for several minutes, before realizing that the longer I laid here the longer it would hurt.
I grabbed the nearby banister and pulled myself up with both hands.
Once I was standing, I sat on the second step, so I could rid my head of the dizziness. Eventually, it went away.
I hobbled into the kitchen where I prepared a full pot of tea for myself. I left the lights off because I liked how the moonlight lit up the whole kitchen through the enormous window.
I grabbed the largest mug I could find and made up an extremely sugary concoction.
I took a sip and it tasted like pure sugar. I made a face, but my tongue got used to the taste and I began to like it.
I walked slowly to the couch and wrapped the comforter that was folded at the foot of one end around my shoulders.
I took my tea and made my way to my favourite place at this time of night.
The trampoline.
Once I was there, I placed my mug on the edge and maneuvered onto the bouncy contraption. I sat cross legged, and sipped my sugary tea.
I began to think, and think, and think.
What was the 'meeting' about?
Calum had said that it was to write new songs with someone from a band. I thought about how much they all must've wanted this.
They moved here from Australia, and they're writing, what I think, are songs that are amazing, and better than most of the music today.
I also know that one day, they will leave here, take their equipment out of my garage and go on tours across the country, and if they're lucky, across the world.
I know that they will forget me, and that I will be no one to them anymore, but I just don't want that.
Luke is much closer than he has ever been to me. He used to be so cold-hearted towards me, he was abusive and I had thought about fleeing life and dying.
But I was strong and didn't want them to have that pleasure.
I'm so glad that I'm here, because I would've never been here to experience this feeling of happiness and hope and love and such a strong sense of family.
I felt a tear of happiness fall down my cheek as I smiled over my teacup.
I looked at the full moon.
I finished my tea and felt like I could do anything, almost.
Whatever this feeling was, sugar-high or not, it temporarily took the pain away from my stomach.
I placed the mug on the grass beside the trampoline, and began gently jumping. I then fell on my back and I laughed. I heard faint voices from the house.
I looked in that direction to see lights flood on throughout the rooms.
I saw the boys along with three other figures.
One of the mysterious figures was a girl and the others were boys.
When they got close enough I saw Luke hop up on the trampoline.
"Are you okay?" He laughed because I was smiling and laughing on my back.
"Yeah, I just had some really sugary tea," I laughed and sat up.
All the others came and sat on the trampoline. We all made a circle.
I saw that the two male figures were Niall and Harry, along with an all too familiar face.
"Nope," I said shaking my head as she sat beside Luke, "Nope, Nope."
"Katie," Luke said.
"Yeah that's not happening," I said standing and falling I quickly stood on the grass.
"Come back," I heard Luke say.
"No, I told you not to bring her here ever again. She has to leave," I said pointing at Ardene.
She snaked an arm around Luke's waist and I almost puked right there.
"Please," I heard him say as I walked back to the house.
I ignored him as I slammed the back door as I went in. I decided that I was going to take a walk and get my car from the school parking lot.
I grabbed my car keys and began walking down the sidewalk.
I felt bad for not even acknowledging the boys presence, I debated on wether I should go back or not, but I hesitantly kept walking. I looked over my shoulder every now and again to make sure no one was following me, although I wish someone cared enough to, I hoped they wouldn't. Once I found the school's parking lot I located my car. I walked up to it and saw that there were messages plastered all over it, in multicoloured spray paint.
"Loser," wow, that one was original, I thought.
"Asshole motherfucker," that one didn't bother me as much anymore.
"Bitch," I laughed as I made my was closer to the car before I just stopped.
I crumbled to the ash fault, and held my painful stomach. It felt like the bruises were eating away at my body outside in.
The pain became even more excruciating.
I heard a car screech to a halt, the lights weren't facing my direction, but were left on. I heard multiple doors open and shut followed by footsteps.
"What happened?" I heard a voice say.
"It just hurts, I'm fine," I said pushing myself up a little, but not before there were people helping me.
I heard Luke curse under his breath as he read the words all over my car.
"Luke please go tend to your girlfriend she probably needs you, right?" I asked, "Unlike how I needed you for years, right? All those times you took her side, and she took yours?"
He tried to help me walk.
His phone rang but he ignored it.
"Answer it, I'm fine," I said as I walked to my car door and sat. I started the ignition and quickly hastened home.
I parked and hobbled up the front steps. I unlocked the door and walked to the living room, where I sat and eventually fell asleep sitting up right.