-Part 3-

My head ached very loudly. Luke walked into class, and sat in his seat and looked back at me. He mouthed, 'sorry' I just looked at him sadly. He then mouthed 'okay?' as he pointed to me. I shook my head 'no' and he tried to give off a comforting smile. I just looked down. 

"Kathryn, what happened to your eye?" asked Ms. Sojah. I looked at Luke who was staring expectantly at me. 

"I ran into the door outside, I'm such a clutz," I said laughing. Ms Sojah joined me as she walked back to her desk, and the rest of the un-wanted company herded themselves into the room, and we continued on with the lesson. 

***Lunch***

I was walking to my regular eating space. A small table at the back corner of the room, where nobody ever bothered to go, when I heard someone walking up behind me. I turned around to see Luke walking beside me with his lunch, which looked un-healthily human. I kept walking, and Luke walked beside me. 

"Seriously, what do you want?" I asked as I sat down and opened my salad. He sat across from me at my table.

"They all ditched the rest of the day, upon my suggestion," he said as he popped open a can of some kind of soda. 

"So why aren't you with them?" I asked annoyed. 

"They were going somewhere that I wouldn't be back before the boys get here, so I decided to stay and hang out with you," he smiled goofily. 

"Don't even start that, I made a promise that I wouldn't ever tke part in the whole, 'I'm nice to you when nobody is looking, then as soon as people see me talking to you I push you down the stairs,' thing," I said with my hands waving unconciously. 

Luke ran from the table, and I mentally laughed. I knew it, I thought. I watched with furrowed brows as he swiftly climbed onto a lunch table in the middle of the packed cafeteria. 

He looked directly at me as everyone else stared directly at him. They all appeared just as confused as I was. He opened his mouth, and began to talk. Now that the crowd was expectantly waiting for him to say something, the room was quiet. 

"Katie is my sister! That girl over there, right there, is my sister," he said, and then climbed down the table, and walked back over to me smiling widely. I smashed my black eye against my palms. He sat back down, not letting the intended humiliation of the whispers reach him. He continued eating. 

"What the hell was that about?" I asked with blood quickly rushing to my cheeks, as people pointed and whispered in my direction. 

"I had to show you that I'm serious, and that these boys need a place to stay," of course.

"So if they didn't need a place to stay, you would be throwing sharpened pencils at my head, whilst Ardene and Heather (The other Ardene) took turns punching me?" I scoffed at the thought.

Luke looked down, as if sorrowed by my question, "I like your necklace."

"Thanks," I said hastily. 

"Do you know who picked that out?" He asked obviously implying that it was him, "You were six, and I was eight. I thought that one was the coolest, but you've changed the chain." 

"You were the one who picked this?" I asked shocked. I looked down at the necklace. It was silver, with three diamonds placed vertically, the first was a bright blue, the next was a sparkling black, and the last was a deep yet vibrant purple. The diamonds were surrounded by two angel wings. 

"That wing was you and that one is me," he smiled pointing towards each side. 

I just looked at the necklace, "So when they get back," I said, "You're just going to feed me to them, right?" I asked. 

"Josie has been asking where you are, and what happened to you."

"What have you told her?" I asked. Josie is Luke's younger sister, she's maybe four years old now, and when I used to come visit my dad, she was only two or possibly three years old. My dad is her step-father. 

"That you've been on vacation," I frowned, and felt extremely sad. 

"You can bring her over before you go to pick up the boys from the airport if you want. Would Gina be okay with that?" I asked, I have always been accepted by Luke's family, but recently not Luke.

"Yeah, she's gonna love it," he smiles. I smiled. Then the bell rang, we headed to our last class of the day.