Day 1- Part 3: Blue's Day

I slowly open my eyes to the soft light filtered through the sheets over my head, I must've fallen asleep at some point. But, just as I began to go back to sleep I hear an odd shuffling from outside the door. At first my hazy mind just assumes it's Ivory, but the sound is too loud to be him. Realization sets in and my breath hitches, Sis' would've said something if she came home, right? I'm too afraid to try and find out.

'My phone's on the nightstand and getting the attention of the neighbors would take too long. What do I do, this person could be armed!'

I hear the front door opening, "Blue, I'm home!" Sis calls and I'm not sure if I should be relieved or not.

"Blue, you here?" I hear someone moving quickly and am startled by the sound of the bedroom door being thrown open. "Blue?" I let out an annoyed sound as the lights get turned on, shining brightly even through the sheets.

Jay laughs at my behavior and turns the light back off. "Fine, I'll let you sleep for a bit longer, but you have work soon." I head back to sleep trying my hardest to not think about how much work I'll have to do overtime.

I also try not to think about the second pair of footsteps I heard.

I wake at 19:30 on the dot, as per usual, even though my sleep wasn't as good as usual, but I still manage to get up. I make a quick snack for the road, setting out some food for Ivory and the other feral cats. Lastly, I take my uniform from out of the closet, deciding to keep it off for now. With a quick goodbye to Jay I heard for the subway. It was packed, as per usual, and I found myself stuck between a sweaty old man and a woman with a very loud child. All in all it was fairly normal, like this I could forget about all the craziness that happened yesterday and earlier today, just pretend it never happened. Then I got an alert on my phone, someone had started a chat, I put my phone in sleep mode- not turning it off completely, years of dealing with Jay had taught me exactly why that was a bad idea- and stuck it in my pocket. Yep, just a perfectly normal day.

I punch in at the bar at eight on the dot. I spend half an hour being yelled at by my boss for yesterday before I take my station behind the counter. I greet every costumer with a smile and make small talk with those who sit at the counter. It's fun hearing all the stories people have to tell, especially when they're drunk. For instance, the man who always sits on the leftmost seat has just gone through a big break-up because his girlfriend was cheating on him; or how the woman who sitting on the second seat from the right is a producer whose workmates are complete idiots,  she always complains about them every Thursday with the brunette man who often comes in at ungodly hours in the morning; he apparently works for some big organization and his co-worker is lazy and never gets anything done on time, normal stuff. While it's reassuring to know that such day by day is for normal people, a group of which I am a part of. Ignoring my phone's constant vibrating in my pocket, I greet a young pair of newlyweds.

The bar isn't packed, but it's as full as it will probably get tonight. I make some small talk with clean the glasses, feeling myself fall into a lull. A large hand on my shoulder jolts me awake. It's Hyeon-U, one of my fellow barkeeps. "You okay, you look dead on your feet." His warm hazel eyes are tinged with worry.

"I'm fine." I wave him off. "Just didn't sleep well, is all." The slightly taller man looks me in the eyes and sighs, pushing back his dark brown hair.

"Fine, but you can take a nap here if you need it." I smile at his offer, always considerate, this one.

"I'll be okay, what about you? Anything happen recently?" We chat as our shift drags on at a steady pace.

The clock strikes 11 and I head off for my break, letting Hyeon-U take over. I check my phone, over 100 missed messages and it's only been a day. 'Just how chatty are these people' I notice that one of the profile pictures is illuminated and decide that it would be best to at least minimally interact.