"You're more than that and you know it."

Start from the beginning

"I would bet you my left kidney that she will literally be fine with whatever date you decide so long as you end up making out or something," Vero attempts to placate you despite rolling her eyes at you.

"Can you take this seriously for a minute?" You stress your words as your nerves creep out of you.

"No because if we're being honest, it doesn't have to be that big of a deal. Camila isn't a flashy person, she likes cute domestic shit. Probably just wants to be taken out to a picnic and then nap in the sun or something."

"That...actually sounds kind of cute, Vero."

"I can be cute and romantic!" she protests. "How do you think I wooed my own girl?"

"You showed her your ass?" There's only a little sarcasm to your voice.

"Fuck you. I showed her my boobs too."

You let yourself laugh and a little tension leaves your body as the simple suggestion holds more and more appeal.

"I think a picnic would be cute," you finally agree.

"Yeah! Do it somewhere cute, like the beach."

"It's Miami, there's too many tourists and Camila hates crowds." You consider where else would be cute to have a picnic but all the parks that come mind are definitely not places you want to bring Camila to for a date. They're too public and too crowded and-

"You really are so clueless, Laur."

"What? What'd I do?"

"You're not even trying. Obviously you'd go to a less crowded beach. Like uhh, oh! Juno Beach isn't that far and it's pretty quiet up there."

"Isn't that far? That's like an hour and a half away," you refute.

"Oh noooooo, you have to spend more time with Camila," her voice drips with sarcasm while her face holds a mocking look of despair. "I'm so sorry you would have to spend like a whole day with the girl you wanna bone. As if you're not already spending all of your free time with her and penciling me in for advice about how to spend more time with her!" Vero throws her hands up in annoyance and you look at her with sudden guilt.

"Are you really mad about-"

"Lauren I'm just kidding," she's quick to assure you. "It's nice that you're all smitten with her and it's not like I actually want to hang out with you."

"Shut the fuck up, you love me."

"Not as much as you love me," Vero counters and you give her a soft smile. She scowls in return.

"Don't get sappy or I'm leaving."

You take that as invitation to get up from the floor and lay across Vero as she pretends to protest the affection. You surmise that she's a pretty okay friend.

"You never denied that you wanna bone her."

"Shut up, Vero."

//

[Camz]: so

[Camz]: you wanna tell me what we're doing for our DATE?? :)

[Lolo]: no but i can tell you what surprise means

[Lolo]: it means i don't tell you what we're doing for our date

[Camz]: i think it means that ure not nice :(

[Lolo]: dont pout babe

[Camz]: wow !!!

[Camz]: my heart !!!!!

[Camz]: i'm babe now?

[Lolo]: is that ok?