"Kind of an idiot but definitely great."

You consider that maybe things do in fact turn into a shit show.

It starts like this:

You avoid Camila for all of two and a half days after the Christmas party, only managing to pick up three shifts at the restaurant as an excuse to be away from her. Via Snapchat she invites you to a movie marathon with her and Sofi, a picture of her pouting with bold letters saying "PRETTY PLS" across the top.

(You swear up and down that the pout isn't what made you cave.)

Camila saddles up really close next to you on the couch, blanket and snacks at the ready. Her and Sofi have an entire Disney princess marathon planned out, the older of the two wanting to start off with Mulan because she knows it's your favorite. By this point you're smiling like an idiot and you pretend it's because you just love Mulan so much.

There's a delay in Sofi's singing when she tries to sing along, clearly not knowing all the words. But she's trying her best so you fill in, singing with her on the parts she doesn't seem to know. You attempt to not focus on the way Camila smiles at you as she watches.

The credits for Mulan are rolling when you hear Camila's phone ding and she looks at it in distress.

"Everything okay?" You whisper.

She bites her lip, brows knitting together as she glances at you before returning her stare to her phone screen.

And the shit show goes like this:

"I think Lucy is trying to ask me out on a date..." she murmurs back.

Very gracefully, you choke on your popcorn.

Sofi is immediately patting you on the back with a bit of a heavy hand, hopefully oblivious to what her sister said. You immediately regain yourself as to tell her you're okay.

"Thank you, Sof. Why don't you pick the next movie for us, okay?"

She gives you a gap toothed smile before nodding and turning around to weigh her options. You whip your head back to face Camila who's looking at you with wide eyes in concern.

"Are you sure you're good, Lo?"

"Yeah I just uh, was caught off guard. How do you- uhm, how'd you figure she's trying to ask you on a date?" You stutter, making sure to keep your voice low and steady. Camila simply turns her phone screen to you.

"The text says 'hey would you maybe wanna go on a date sometime?'"

You had to give the girl credit, Lucy really went for what she wanted.

(There's a tiny voice in your head that says you should try that sometime.)

"Well... do you want to go on a date with Lucy?" You try to focus on anything but Camila who's sitting entirely too close for this kind of conversation to be happening.

You can feel her eyes land on you and she's silent for a few moments before she answers.

"I mean, Lucy is really pretty and she's super nice but I've kind of been hoping someone else would ask me out."

At this, you whip your head to look at her.

"Oh?"

"Yeah but I'm starting to think maybe they're not interested."

"Who wouldn't be interested in you?" You're a little too quick to counter with and Camila grins at your reaction.

"That's sweet of you to say but I'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't interested in me. You know like gay men, straight women, or really anyone with standards."