Chapter 3

I race back to the barrier, pushing and shoving people out the way, taking necklaces, bracelets, whatever I wanted really. I speed up as I reach the barrier hoping the spell hasn't run out. Luckily it hadn't, and I cross the water to the edge of Auradon, where a figure is waiting for me.

"How did the trip go?" The figure asks.

"Perfectly of course," I say confidently.

"Everyone knows of the plan?" The figure asks.

"Spreading across the isle as we speak," I say looking boredly at my nails.

"Excellent." Says the figure smirking.

I head back to school where Jane bombards me with questions on the cotillion.

"I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um..."

"Bug me?" I supply.

"Right," she nods. "Just nod if you agree. Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet."

I nod for each of her suggestions. "Uhm... maybe pen toppers?" I offer. 

She nods excitedly, "I was thinking the same thing." She smiles then runs off.

I crash against the lockers behind me and slide to the ground sighing.

I decide to go find the tourney guys and practice a bit. It's a shame that Jay is really the only one who can keep up with me.

When I get to the gym I hear Chad. I roll my eyes.

"So? Uh, so, have you not read the rule book? Section 2, paragraph 3, 11-4. 'A team will be comprised of a captain and eight men.' Hmm? Why don't you read the rule book."

"Okay, yeah, but you're down a man! I mean, since Ben had to leave to do all that king stuff," Lonnie argues.

"Exactly. We're down a man," Chad says arrogantly. I refrain myself from punching him. 

"Jay..." Lonnie says looking right at Jay.

"I'm sorry. Coach trusts me. I'm not gonna stay captain if I just throw out the rule book."  

"If my mother thought that way, she would have lost the war," Lonnie says with a huff.

I jump in with a sword and aim it at Jay. He quickly blocks and we start fighting. Soon everyone just has a free for all. I backflip, cartwheel, frontflip and jump all over the place.

"Missed me... missed me... missed me again," I sing as avoid people and blades.
Our battle only ends when the coach comes in and tells us all off. We all stop and laughing at his annoyed expression.

I walk to my room and take a shower, and Mal ignores me as usual.