"Fine, then. Girl talk." Then he left the room.

"Sorry about him."

"It's okay, I guess," Talia murmured. "Still confused, but I'd rather not be backhanded into unconsciousness, so I'll pretend I'm up to speed."

"Smart girl."

"Thanks," she muttered. "So, what do you have against Katherine?"

"500 years of running is what I have against her."

"And no daylight ring?"

"None."

"I mean if you let us go, I could get a witchy friend of mine to make two daylight rings, one for you and one for Travis."

"Trevor."

"Right. Sorry. Names aren't my thing. Speaking of, what do they call you?"

"Rose, and I'm afraid I value my freedom more than the sun. It's called a bargain, darling, but don't worry. You'll love Elijah."

"Please don't tell me that I'm being sold into sex slavery. It's a real problem."

"No."

"Could you please just enlighten me for a second? Tell me what's happening?"

"You're starting to piss me off, Blondie."

"It's my specialty."

Rose rolled her eyes and then backhanded the woman in the same fashion as she slapped Elena, feeling a little guiltier about it.

***

"Talia, wake up," someone said quietly, shaking the girl away.

"Fuck o-" she began.

"It's Elena," the girl responded. "We're gonna get out of here."

"I'm in," she said groggily. "Let's do it."

Elena helped the older woman up and led the way as she heard Rose and Trevor conversing amongst themselves.

"So you called him?" Trevor asked.

"No," Rose responded. "I called one of his contacts. You know how this works."

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?"

"They say he got it."

"Wonderful. And what?"

"So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait."

"Look, it's not too late. We can leave them here. We don't have to go through with this!"

"I'm sick of running!"

"Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying."

Elena and Talia slowly and surely crept down the stairs as Rose huffed. "Elijah's old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free."

Then Elena stepped on a squeaky floorboard, causing Rose to turn swiftly and harshly grab the two.

"There's nothing around here for miles," she threatened the girls. "If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?"

"Who's Elijah?" Elena asked.

"He's your worst nightmare."

"How so?" Talia asked.

"You act like I will answer your questions."

"Won't you?"

"You may not be a doppelganger, but you have the allure of one. Frankly, any man would fall on their heads at any wink you shoot, but neither Trevor or I would risk anything for you."