Percy

"Hurry!" Jason cried, standing between the doors, keeping them open. 

"Annabeth, go!" Percy screamed, as she stood in front of Jason, waiting for him.

But Percy knew he had to stay behind. The Doors of Death wouldn't work unless someone stayed behind.

Percy had to convince Annabeth to go into the doors where everyone else waited, watching him anxiously.

Loyalty was his flaw. But Percy was done watching those he cared about die because of him. He had a choice. let someone else die or stay. And Percy couldn't go knowing he could've saved someone's life.

Percy knew they didn't have much time. Gaea was going to rise soon, and her army down here, in Tartarus, were about to close trapping Annabeth in this terrible place.

They had fallen in days ago, but Jason, Leo, and Nico followed behind, as Coach Hedge, Reyna,  Hazel, Frank, and Piper worked on it from the mortal side. 

I'm coming! Go!" Percy stabbed the cyclops, before running to the doors.

Annabeth hesitated as she took the place of Jason who got in beside Leo and Nico.

"Percy, someone needs to..."
He didn't answer.  Jason met his eyes, and a silent message passed between them. Jason nodded and grabbed Annabeth's arm.

"Annabeth..."

"Let go!" She cried, knowing exactly what Percy was going to do.

Annabeth..." Percy stood in the doorway and placed his hand on her cheek, using his thumb to wipe some of her tears away.

"It's either you or me, Annabeth. And I...I can't let it happen to you."

"You can't decide it for me! Just let me stay with you!" She pleaded, grabbing the sleeve of my ripped shirt

Percy leaned in and kissed her, tears streaming down both of their faces.

"I'm sorry, Annabeth."

She tried to push through, but Jason and Nico pulled her back

She tried to push through, but Jason and Nico pulled her back. Annabeth kicked and screamed, but they didn't let her go.

Leo nodded to Percy.

"I'm coming back to get you." He promised.

"No, Leo. You need to stay up there."
"But..."
"Promise me something else. Promise me you'll take care of her." Percy said, gesturing towards Annabeth who was sobbing into Jason's chest as he hugged her.

"I...I swear on the River Styx, Percy." 

Leo reached out and put a hand on Percy's shoulder. He was serious. No jokes. Nothing goofy.

Percy met his gaze.

"I knew I was a jerk to you when we first met, but I'm proud to have worked with you, Leo."

Leo sniffed, wiping his eyes as he backed away.

"See you in Elysium someday, Aquaman." He smirked.

Percy looked over at Nico.

"I'll tell Bianca you said hi."
Nico didn't say anything.

"Jason... I..."

"Don't." Jason held up a hand. "I look up to you."
"Exactly what I was going to say."

"Goodbye, guys," Percy finally said, meeting Annabeth's gaze as she stared at him, brokenness and sadness all over her face. 
Percy's heart shattered itself just looking at her.

"I...I love you. Don't forget me. And tell my mom that I...I'm sorry."

Percy stepped back and watched as the doors closed, hiding his friends from view.

Never fear. there is more coming. Cause Id din't title this story, "Percy Jackson Dies" for nothing.

hehehe. I'm so cruel and evil. I LOVE IT!