“I'm not stealing, fighting, or starting anything. All we're for is supplies then we take our leave and yes. We are BUYING supplies.” You say in boredom.

While you were consulting with Sheriff/Captain Quaid, a purple banner caught Varian’s attention because it was way out of place from the slightly plain theme of the city.

Varian stood in front of the purple banner with a gopher painted upon the material. The expression on the young alchemist’s face turned into a look of hatred. A flyer blowing in the breeze brushes against Varian's foot and he picks it up.

“Goodwill Festival.”

The paper crumpled in his gloved hands as the feeling inside him came bubbling up again. Of course, SHE had been here. There was no doubt that her GOODWILL had an impact on the city.

“Where did you get this?”

You all look at Varian as he held up the flyer.

Quaid smiles, “Ah, the Goodwill Festival. It was quite the most brilliant idea this young lady had. She and her friends made a very big impact on this city.”

“To bad they had to leave.” Vex mumbles to herself, but Varian heard.

“Which way did they go?”

Quaid and Vex raise a brow and don't answer. “Why?” Vex questions.

“Varian.” You warn and grab his arm, only for Varian to shove your hand away.

“WHICH WAY DID PRINCESS RAPUNZEL GO?!” Varian lunged at Vex and they get into a brawl.

“GET OFF ME, DIRTBAG! AS IF WE'LL TELL YOU WHERE THEY WENT!” Vex shouts.

You grab Varian and use you whole body weight to shove him off Vex. “Calm yourself, Raccoon Boy!!!” A fist catches you off guard you're shoved to the side. “Damn it.” With a quick movement, you have Varian wrapped tightly with your whip.

“WHERE IS SHE?!” Varian cries out in anger and losing himself.

Quaid helps Vex up and glares, “I need you to leave this city. Now.”

“Don't worry. We won’t be coming back.” You drag Varian across the streets with him struggling like a bratty child.

“Let me go! They know! They know where the Princess went!”

Luckily the crew had finished their business and you all head back to the ship while dragging Varian as he has a temper tantrum.

Stepping back onto the upper deck, you throw Varian to the floor very hard and he loses his breath.

Everyone went to get the ship back in the air, not questioning the scene especially the blood on their Captain's nose.

“You want to be a child throwing a tantrum like that?! Then you'll be grounded from ever stepping off this ship WITHOUT MY permission!” You glare down at Varian with heavy authority in your voice. It even made Varian flinch.

He still glares up at you and his breathing is heavy.

You scoff and head into your cabin, but unfortunately Varian had followed you.

“Teach me.”

You nearly laugh and dig around for a certain map for a meeting later with your crew. “No.”

“I'm not asking. Teach me how to fight like you.” Varian presses on and slams his hands on your desk.

You don't look at him and still dig around, “No. I am not teaching my way of fighting to a selfish boy with his heart set on revenge. All he is a BLOODY idiot!” You pull out the map and set it aside while glaring at him.

“You don't understand.” Varian slightly sneers. “Princess Rapunzel took everything away from me, especially my dad.” Varian backs up when you keep moving close to his face until he's trapped against the wall.

“You want me to teach you how to fight, just so you can harm a princess?” You grab Varian's face with your hand with narrowed eyes, “Possibly murder her.”

It was a very intense staring contest, but you could still see that one thing in this young teen that no monster could ever have, so it doesn't make him a monster.

“So what, huh? How will hurting the one that hurt you, honor your father?” You keep pressing on. “How will it benefit the next boy who loses his father, Varian?”

Varian's gaze wavers, especially at seeing the blood on your nose from when he punch you.

“If it is revenge you seek, then I suggest you seek it elsewhere.” You let him go and go back to your desk, leaning on it while closing your eyes. You hoped you got some sense into him.

It's very quiet now and Varian just stares at your stressed form. He clenches his fists and feeling distraught. This was hopeless. You would help him find the Princess, but not help in teaching him how to fight. He just wanted his dad back.

“Please.”

You hear him plea softly.

“Please, I'll do anything you say from now on. No resistance, no excuses. Please, teach me how to fight.”

Your eyes open and you stare at your hands, slightly clenching them. The ghostly pain returning on your back. You could teach him, but not the way you went through. With a deep breath, you answer him.

“Do you promise to cast aside all notion of vengeance?”

A promise. Varian didn't want to promise anything because that will always not end well, especially with him. Though this was HIM having to give the promise and you were just asking for one. Just one. One that will help him before he could take his leave.

His blue eyes meet your gaze.

“I promise.”

You nod and sit down. “Rest up, Raccoon Boy. There's a lot to go over starting tomorrow and you might want to check on Rudiger…...Bunny can get carried away in playing dress up.”

The door opens and closes, indicating that Varian had left. A bottle is taken out from your drawer and you start at the dark red liquid inside. Ever since he came…...the ghostly pain returned.

“Raccoon Boy…..”

Thoughts ran through your mind that you never would have thought you could ever think about. You stick your tongue out childishly, “Ew.”

The bottle was tossed back in your drawer and you decided to get the meeting ready before you could think about fairytales.

A knock on your door makes you sigh in annoyance.

“Captain! Is Varian still grounded?”

The twins.

“YES!” You shout in a grouchy manner.

“Sorry, Bug Eyes! The Captain still says yes.” The twins laugh.

You hit your head on your desk.