Chapter 15: Dragons Never Die

Start from the beginning

(F/N): "Oh... that's worse."

Iris: "Agreed."

(F/N): "You're in there too?"

Iris: "I wasn't going to say anything."

(F/N): "I hate this, I really hate this."

Iris: "Huh."

(F/N): "What's 'huh' supposed to mean?"

Iris: "Well, we've been looking through your memories, and-"

(F/N): "You've done what now?!"

Cinder: "Shut up and listen."

Iris: "And we've decided to help."

(F/N): "Weren't you a spy for Ozpin?"

Iris: "Yes, your point? I can switch sides as I wish."

Cinder: "As much as I hate to say this, we wish to help." I could feel the urge to throw-up.

Iris: "We saw... everything."

(F/N): "Everything?"

Cinder: "Yes, everything." I could feel the urge to throw-up return. "The first and last time I used to relic it was... jumbled and confusing."

Iris: "That's why you had to make sense of the notes." Two figures started to form in front of me, Cinder and Iris. "We can also feel your emotions"

(F/N): "That's just disturbing."

Cinder: "Shut up and listen."

Iris: "To use the power of a Maiden you must not focus on what you want, but on what is." She motions for me to lift my right arm. "Your arm is the bearer of the flame, the air is what breaths life into it, your target is what burns in it." Taking her words I attempted to follow them and a flame appeared in my palm. "Magic must be defined in order for it to work."

Cinder: "The relics are tools fueled by magic, so you must define it as fuel, the relic will do the rest." Their images started to slowly flicker.

(F/N): "I just have one question, why are you both helping me? Usually people don't help their murderers." They looked at each other.

Iris: "I willingly became a tool for Ozpin so that I could become stronger and have revenge on the one who destroyed my home. Then I saw her standing there beside them, I was angered... angered at the sight of Raven Branwen."

(F/N): "She's pissed off a lot of people then."

Iris: "Yes she has."

Cinder: "I saw how your family was after your father's death, I saw how you treated and felt about the faunus, and I believe that I misjudged you when we first met, that I should have been more... open-minded."

(F/N): "If you two can move past the whole 'me killing you' thing then I think I can forgive you for prejudging me."

Cinder: "We also saw and felt your heartbreak... repeatedly, it was getting annoying."

Iris: "I must agree with that."

Cinder: "I can forgive that if you kill the Schnee, better yet kill all of the Schnee's."

Iris: "Time's up." With a single blink I found myself sitting on the floor with the relic in my hands.

(F/N): "Weird, did you..."

I stopped, realizing I'd be asking an inanimate object a question, then again it is an object that holds knowledge. I got up and used what I had been told to create a flame in my right hand, it worked on the first attempt, following that I used the relic of knowledge. It was overwhelming, the information I sought was fragmented, but it gave me the answer, that the vault wasn't here, it was in fact under Signal Academy. Returning to the surface I went to Drag and told him where we were heading next, heading for the island of Patch we stormed our way through the academy. I went directly for the headmaster there, and when I was told they didn't know what I was talking about, I threw them to the side and used the relic to find the hidden passageway.