Chapter 2: Introductions

Cary's P.O.V.

After the sides finished showing me around, Patton decided to introduce me to Thomas.

I was nervous, but hid it pretty well, I think. Patton realised it pretty quickly though, I guess he's a lot like Sa– no, I'm not going to think about her, not after everything that went down.

"Hey kiddo, no need to worry! Thomas is really nice, I think he will think you are awesome!" Patton exclaimed. I smiled in response.

"Could you do me a favor? Would you mind not telling him my name quite yet?" I asked.

"Sure, no problem. Thomas never found out our names in the beginning, he had to wait. It only makes sense, but what do you want me to tell him to call you?"

"Have him call me what ever you think would be the best." I replied.

"Well, most of us were called by our trait that we were for him, so Clumsy? No, Klutz? Definitely not... " he thought for a minute, "I've got it! We'll call you, Trip! Does that work?"

"I think so, thanks!" After that, we stayed silent, since we had arrived at our destination, the exit of the mind palace.

###

Once we got to Thomas's room, Patton knocked and walked in, bringing me in with him.

"Hey Patton, what brings you here, and who's the new girl?" Thomas asked, curiosity and kindness filling his eyes.

"The newest side, of course! She goes by Trip. Trip? Got anything you want to add?" Patton asked, turning to me.

"I don't really know what trait I am supposed to represent for you, but great to meet you!" Thomas looked at me, a slight look of recognition crossed his face, but he seemed to shake it off quickly.

I really hope he didn't recognize me for who I really am, that would really put a damper on my plans.

"Well, sit down and let's talk for a while, friend-to-friend!" He said, smiling.

Calm down, Cary. What's the worst that could happen?

Everything.

Virgil's P.O.V.

We all sat in the living room waiting for Cary and Patton to come back. Cary seems a little too suspicious for my liking, but everyone was wary of me for the longest time, so I guess I should cut her some slack. But I am going to keep my eye on her, something doesn't seem quite right about the whole thing. It also doesn't help that someone won't stop talking about her.

"Roman, would you please shut up? We all know you think she's wonderful, but it's been an hour. You can stop now." I snapped at the prince.

"Well, I'm so sorry for being excited about there being a new person. It's not like anyone else has revealed themselves to Thomas yet." Roman snapped back, referring to the others.

"Nor do we want them to show up, do we?" Logan interjected, probably to signal that we need to stop talking about them before they decide to make an entrance.

At that moment, Patton returned, but strangely enough, without Cary. I also noticed the suspicious look that Roman and Logan shared.

"Hey... Padre! Where's Cary?" Roman asked.

"Yes, uh... Cary is, um..." Patton started.

That's not Patton...