An Abandoned Tale

Jack stood at the top of the Hickory Clock tower where he lost his twin sister. Memories began to flood his head.

FWOOSH

"Eh! Jill..."

Jack Newbery and Jill Newbery are orphaned twins, when they were 9 years old they were sent to their grandfather's farm. Their grandfather told them to fetch a pale of water. When they got to the well, they found a large red quilt after pulling out the bucket of water.

"What is this?" Jill questioned.

"I don't know, let's dry it, cut it in half and use them as capes to pretend to be super heroes!" Jack responded.

"Ha-ha! Yeah!"

After doing so, they proceeded to play around the field. The two ran around with glee pretending to save the world.

"Let's see who can fly the highest!" Jill challenged Jack.

"Ha-ha! You're on!"

The two began to jump to see who can fly the highest, when suddenly.

"Jack! You're actually flying!" Jill cried in fear.

"How do I get down?!" Jack screams in fear.

Jill attempts to pull down jack by his leg.

THUD! Face plant.

"Jack are you okay?" Jill worries.

"No!" He grumbles as he lifts his head up.

"I think these capes give us super powers! You know what that means, right?"

"We should tell grandpa about the capes?" Jack guesses as he wipes the dirt off his face.

"No silly! We can become real life super heroes!"

"Oh yeah! But flying is kinda scary."

"Don't you worry! You'll get over you're fear if we practice!"

"Oh! Uh okay?"

With several months of practice at the farm, they managed to control the quilts abilities.

"Let's call ourselves the super twins!" Jack suggested.

"Okay!" Jill smiled.

The two 9 year olds actually stopped crime in the city! "Tranacnetman" "Evil Lady" or what the two kids called these villains, were defeated by children.

One day after locking up Tranacnetman, Jack stayed to make sure he wouldn't escape, leaving Jill to watch over the night alone. Jill suddenly encountered Evil Lady.

"I will end you, annoying brat!"

"You can't stop Jill!"

"Just watch me!"

"Please hurry over here Jack!" Jill calls jack

"I'm on my way Jill!"

The two duked it out at the top of the skyscraper, when suddenly a portal opened up from thin air.

SYUUUHF!

"I'm coming Jill!"

The portal began to suck the two in.

"Oh crud! I gotta get out of here!" She attempts to fly away.

"Jill! Don't let me fall in there!" Evil Lady screams as she hangs on to her.

"Get off of me!" She kick's her off and she falls into the portal.

"I'm here Jill!" Jack cries as he arrives.

"JACK!"

Jack helplessly watches his sister being sucked in a portal.

"JILL!"

SYUUUHF!

It's been 8 years since then, Jack Newbery, now 17, is a medium height person with dark brown spiky hair. He wears a yellow shirt with a blue jacket and jeans. He wears leather gauntlets and leather boots. The red quilt he once used as a cape is now a scarf he has around his neck.

Having his sister being lost, he feels cold and alone. Since then he has learned more of the quilts abilities. He has managed to use frost magic.

Jack looks where the portal once stood.

"I promise Jill! No matter what! I will get you out of there!"