Why Should I Protect this Human Girl?

"Scott! You've always been a great servant of The Elders, but I must ask you to trust me on this!"

"I am forever in your service Elder of Hope, but to use my abilities just to protect some girl in high school? It doesn't make sense! I would just like to know why she matters--if she dies or not? Who is she, anyways?!"

"I'm sorry but I can't answer that, I will say no more for your safety. Think of it as a test; pass, and you will soon you will have real wings. Wings that will allow you to use them at free will instead of burning your current ones and hurting yourself. The girl's name is Katrina Beacon, she hails from what the mortals call, "Spring Valley". Take this Stop Watch; use it to stop time, you may only use it once, and in that moment, reveal yourself--once you've introduced yourself, leave her be. Understood?"

"But why!"

"Scott."

"Yes, Milord." Scott said as he bowed.

The Elder of Hope nods then vanishes.

"Well, time to waste my abilities on some stupid girl." Scott moans as he walks back to earth from the skies.

Scott is a kind-of tall guy with somewhat-long-yet-short brown hair, always having a smug look on his face. He looks well fit for any physical activity. Despite the fact he's an angel that works for The Elders, he dresses nothing like one. Skate shoes, gray jeans, and a black t-shirt; he sort of had that punk style appearance.

He arrived at his location, a bright, not so starry night.

"Katrina Beacon..." He thought to himself.

He looked around. The streets were empty, with the occasional car driving by. He was standing in front of an abandoned school with the windows destroyed and the walls vandalized.

"WELL I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE HOW SHE LOOKS! LET ALONE WHERE TO LOOK!"

Scott, being clueless, walked the streets of Spring Valley, looking for her. The place was almost dead silent, except for the occasional car and the random dog barking. Suddenly, a passing car glowed.

"Guess that must be her, at least I hope."

He begins to drip down and liquefy himself into a puddle, and began to follow the car.

"You are so grounded, I can't believe you would do that! Don't you know how worried your mother and I were?!" Katrina's dad yelled.

"Dad, I can assure you no one was drinking in that party! And I didn't do any bad things, I just wanted to have fun with my friends!" Katrina groaned.

"You're grounded for a month, you will not go out within the next month--and no buts!" Dad sighed.

"But, dad! I had plans with some friends tomorrow!"

Katrina is a small girl with skin white as snow, and short red hair. She wears a blue dress shirt and black jeans. Katrina always rebels against everyone authority. The only people she never could rebel was her parents.

The car stopped.

"Dad, why did we stop?"

Silence.

"Dad! Stop ignoring me!" She cried.

Suddenly the air felt wet and whirl of water started to appear next to her.

"Maybe you should listen to dad? Maybe you should be a good girl and not piss off your parents?" Scott said as he was taking shape.

"Wh-who are you? What did you do to Dad?" She stuttered.

"Relax, all I did was stop time with this."

Scott pulled out the stop watch. The watch vanished away from his hand.

"My name is Scott, an angel and a servant of The Elders. I was assigned, for some goddamn reason, to protect you from any harm."

"I don't need your protection, just leave me and Dad alone!" Katrina cried.

"Look, child! I don't already like you; I'm doing this out of loyalty to The Elders." Scott said.

"Then tell these "Elders" to screw off!"

Time starts to move slowly.

"Not much time, don't expect me to leave, I'll still be around to protect you--whether you or I like it or not. Well, I gotta go now! Be quiet about this."

"You can't stalk me!"

Scott proceeds to drip away.

"Stalker!"

"What are you screaming about now?!" Katrina's dad yelled.

"I- there was a man inside the car."

"Did you drink?"

"No! I swear! There was some angel kid in the car! He could like turn into water and-"

"I don't want to hear it, you're going to bed as soon as we get home."

Katrina looks out the window in frustration. This will not be the last time she will see Scott.