Chapter 12: Day 2

Natsu's POV:

Everyone was back in the arena, spectators in the stands, guilds in their balconies, and the teams in ours. We were all waiting for Chapati to get things started.

"Welcome back everyone to day two of this year's Grand Magic Games!" he yelled over the mic, "Joining us today as our special guest is Sorcerer Weekly's Jason!" "Cool!" The crowd was going crazy, from the games finally starting and from Jason... I think.

"Let's get things started with today's game!" Chapati said as the giant stone board from yesterday rose up from the ground. Next to day two, it said "Chariot". "Today's game is called Chariot! Now, just like yesterday, each team must choose someone to compete before we announce the rules."

The teams began to talk, mine included. "I wanna go in," I said before the others could speak. Lucy and Elfman began to question me. "Wouldn't it be better if someone else went? I mean, it's called Chariot and you have motion sickness," Lucy stated. 'Oh right, they don't know I got over my motion sicknes...'

I replied saying, "I'll be fine." I could tell the Lucy was still unsure, but Elfman was convinced I'd be ok. Lucy was about to say something but Erza cut her off, "What if I go instead?" Lucy and Elfman were good with her going in, and Gray looked like he didn't really care who played. "Sure, have at it. But I wanna go in tomorrow," I replied. She nodded and joined the other competitors on the coliseum floor. I should probably thank her later...

Chapati began announcing the people playing Chariot as soon as all eight of them were down there. "From Mermaid Heel, we have Risley Law. From Blue Pegasus, Ichiya Kotobuki. Next, we have Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail Team A. From Fairy Tail Teams B, we have Gajeel Redfox. From Lamia Scale, Yuka Suzuki. From Raven Tail, Kurohebi. From Quarto Cerberus, Bacchus Groh. And from Sabertooth, we have Sting Eucliffe!" After each name was called, loud cheers filled the stadium. Obviously some competitors had louder cheers than the others, but who cares? And I swear I heard Jason shout "Cool!" at least three times.

Chapati explained the rules once he could be heard over the crowd again. "Now that we have our competitors, lets move on to the game. The participants will be on a chariot that starts at the edge of the capital and ends back here in the Domus Flau. This is a race to see who can get back here first and cross the finish line without falling off. Sounds easy right? Wrong! The platforms are in constant motion. While the chariot at the front is pulling them all at a snail's pace, one wrong move could send you falling off. Oh, and did I mention you can use magic? Well you can so feel free to go all out! And don't worry folks, you'll be able to watch the entire race from teh lacrimatrons here in the coliseum!" Erza and the others were then teleported to the first platform.

Once everyone was in position,the chariot started moving and Chapati counted them down to start the game. I could see Sting already looking like we was going to throw up, no surprise there. What surprised me was Gajeel. I guess the three months of training was enough to put him on a level where he has motion sickness. Not my problem.

As soon as Chapati said go, Erza requipped into her Flight Armor and took off running. The armor increased her speed, which was perfect for this. She was in the lead with the others running after her. Well, everyone except Sting and Gajeel, but I don't know if anyone has noticed yet.

About half way through, Erza was still in first with her Flight Armor still on. Kurohebi, Yuka, Risely, Ichiya, and Bacchus all a number of platforms behind. 'Yeah, Erza isn't letting them have this.' I thought to myself. It's basically become a contest for second. Yuka used his magic on Ichiya and Risley to hold them back, but Risley used her gravity magic to run on the side of the chariot and Ichiya stuck two vials in his nose and inhaled a swiftness perfume and got out. Upon seeing the others giving it their all, Bacchus decided to get serious. He brought his foot down with a lot of power and destroyed the platforms that the three were on. They didnt fall off, but they weren't on their feet. He ran past them and Kurohebi, who was a little ahead of the others.