Registrastion

It was a month after since the eventful nights of dear Naz's party, yet my memory and senses where still tingly with Kevin's presence and voice. i used to be taller than Kevin during our childhood years but suddenly now Kevin is so intimidatingly tall. Oh did I resent not seeing Kevin dive into Naz's pool. I was far to much of coward...not to mention who knows how many lewd reaction that exposure would have conjured. besides I am sure that i can get over this obsession with Kevin. we might not even interact, even if we are in the same dorm section there is many rooms and many floors, not to mention interacting on school campus will be rare occurrence as well. College campus' are large so the odds of them running into each other are slim to none. not only that but if I did run into Kevin he would most likely be absorbed in what someone else was saying, having some girl distract him, or just plain out ignoring my presence.

so driving my way to campus all I could think about was calculating the probability of interacting with Kevin. there was below 24 percent chance that we would meet in the schools weight room and gym, there is a 50 percent chance that he will be in the same dorm building since all the sports scholarships are shoved into two buildings. there are ten floors in each building so there is between a 5% and a 2.5% chance that we will be on the same floor in the same biudling. then there is a approximately 0.125% chance that he will be either across, next, or in the same room as me. 0.125 odds sounds perfectly acceptable in my opinion. Upon that realization I was finally able to release a breath.

I ,as a fully established adult, was going to start my first step as a young scholar in college. it was exciting the thought of engaging with other individuals with similar morals and beliefs such as myself. People who value intellect and listen to intelligence, most importantly, with people his age. being the nerdy kid always came with being able to converse freely(and often more calmly) with adults. but this time i will be able to converse in such a rich and educated environment.

Then again he would be staying in the athletic dorms and with jock guys no less. no offense to the sporty population but men in that culture can sometimes be too obsessed with masculine performance and I am sure everyone will know by one glance at myself that masculinity is not my strong suit.

so I pulled into the campus, of course this wasn't my first time on the campus. i had previously had the opportunity to take a campus tour on the sight. So no need for pointless guides and awkward situations of asking surrounding students 'hello I'm lost. Can you please point me to 'blank'". I parked in the freshmen dedicated section on the west side. i didn't want to anger too many upper classmen by doing something foolish.

i pulled my messenger out of the back seat of my electrical car. it was somewhat of my own invention, like the kind I would do as a kid, except this time the invention was colored coordinated and was far from being entirely made out of junk. it was a plain black car, ed had once whined that he should have put flames on it, I had no problems with the color. it once was a car found in the junkyard near the cul desac surprisingly I was able to restore it and recreate it into an electric runned vehicle thanks to the assistance of the kanker sisters. they knew their tools better than they knew school work, which is a shame. I pulled out my folder with my necessary paperwork, schedules, scholarship letters of acceptance, primary information about classes. - applauded myself on getting this together before the first official day. I wonder if Kevin would wait the last minute. it was odd but i could picture him waking up late and rushing to put his shirt and pants on, shoving a piece of toast in his mouth, and forcing that iconic, and ever present red hat.

the campus was as large and grand as I had remembered it to be. wherever I looked it was lavish courtyards,  fine greenery, and smooth, clean, and organized building structures. there was a coffee shop and bakery right next to the library, and to top that of it would not take very long to reach said library since the campus had impressive shuttling. 

I couldn't but think the breeze was smooth and nice that day.  as I walked I let my mind wander briefly.  I kept picturing Kevin his green eyes shining in this bright and content light. the thought of it made my heart hum giddily in my chest against my ribs.

the dorm building looked rather modern versus the other form buildings. Probably because the sports dorms needed the most modern equipment.  a whole floor is dedicated to a resident's only Gym. which I think let's a nice touch of privacy.  I walked up to the security guard with my student Identification. I decided to get early admission and get through the mail so there was no need to go to the office. the man gave me a curt smile and a polite nod motioning me to continue on inside. the automatic gates where opened temporarily for me. the little grass lawn at the base of the building was perfectly green and there was a nice set of black benches and accompanying tables

there was even one of those public barbecue for the students to use.

I walked in through the clear blue tinted sliding glass doors onto a tawny brown mat. I could tell by the sound of my feet impacting on the mat, that it was of low quality, the prickly stiff kind that you keep out doors of course out of habit I rubbed the soles of my shoes on the mat anyway.  wouldn't want any dirt to get in here.

the lobby was very homely. Big flat screen television in front of large comfy  blue sofa. the sofa sat upon cream fluffy carpet that lead to the stained polished dark ted of the hallways.

I headed up to the gray front desk it was curved in such a way that it almost made a "C".

"good greetings my name is Eddward, with two 'Ds'. I am assuming that you received my fax this morning?"

the desk manager or obviously the security guard was a rather bulky women. even from sitting down I could tell that she stood rather tall.

"Ah...yes I did. lucky you," she said rummaging for the regular key and the key card,"your roommate is already here but he left awhile ago so I don't-ooops never mind here he comes now," she stood up to motion him over, "Oi! kid your roommate just got here show him to his room will yeah.

i took a deep breath.

I needed to make a good impression on him, show him that i could be a kind person...a worthy roommate. so i put on my best smile. i squared my shoulders and turned around.

"You're my room mate, Double Dork?" the red head of the hour said.

0.125% chance.

How could Kevin surpass the odds of mathematics?