Hats Off

I essentially wrote this fanfic to see if I could challenge myself to write another couple dynamic. I've been in love with this ship for awhile and I do so hope you enjoy!

Things are going to be different, that was obvious, but Edd couldn't help that he wanted things to stay the same. Just the three of them,the eddy gang, making trouble in the neighborhood like they used to, without a care in the world. Just the three of them, having no worries for the future. Now that they'd grown up though, Edd reminded himself again, things where much different.

In fact ,over the years, allot of things already changed. Ed, one way or another, finally discovered that he was pan sexual. He kind of just liked people because he liked people, couldn't help himself really. Although he was still Ed, it did change the way people acted around him. Eddy well, believe it or not, stopped doing out-of-this-world Impossible scams on people. Instead, he loved to gamble and bribe, which was not that far from scamming anyway. Finally, Edd came to terms with his sexuality as well.

Double D was gay and he didn't want to come out about his sexuality at Peach Creek. he was already discriminated in high school as it was, with being a nerd and his proper self. Imagine what would happen to him if added homosexual to that list. He had to face the fact that Peach Creek was a small town with small town views and being the only homosexual around would not go well with anyone. So Double D didn't tell anyone, not his parents, not even his friends. It was a dark time in Edd's life and he focused on his school work more than ever, so that he could get away from sorry little peach creak that was giving him so much pain. To further ensure his acceptance into college he even learned how to swim and joined the schools swim team so that he could leave the pathetic little cul de sac filled with people he thought didn't understand him ,in which he lived in, and leave all the pain behind. He knew that college would bring a whole new perspective, he couldn't wait.

Everybody else, in double d's perspective, only changed as much as puberty and maturity allowed them. The girls became womanly and the scrawny boys became buffer men. A certain individual in particular became very very buff in Double D's mind was Kevin. Yeah, that Kevin. Oh lord it must have been a crime how the man growled as he bench pressed those weights in the gym. the sweet sweat dripping seductively down...every where. If the sweet became too much Kevin would just remove his shirt, exposing flawless, tanned, rippled skin. It was far too much for Double D's sensitive homosexual eyes and ears, and so he'd always did his exercises at the other end of the room, so not to be tempted by the flesh and the flexing of raw muscle. Though that did not stop him from stealing several glances at Kevin every chance he got. indeed, if he really wanted athletic progress in the gym, he would need work out when Kevin was not there.

That being said, Kevin was Hercules on high school campus, making girls swoon in his wake. His athletic capability was the icing on the already ridiculously fabulous cake. he surprisingly remained modest, which was one of the little things that Edd noticed changed the most about him, but it reminded him of the sort of shyness Kevin sometimes had in childhood.

So when Edd was invited to the graduation swim party at Naz's, he reminded himself than he, Edd, should not go limp at the sight of Kevin's body covered in dripping wet water from Naz's pool that night. Even if it was oh so tempting, he had to keep his cool.

His door bell rang several, impatient times furiously and therefore it could only one person on the other side of the door. So Double D came out of his thoughts and rushed through the door. Yelling as politely as he could, "Don't worry I'm going, I'm going," Double D did his signature hurried shuffle to the door, never managed to grow out of the habit.

"Double Dee! Double Dee!" Ed waved hello in a frantic manner. Double D noticed how stripped long sleeves shirts that he wore no longer had excess sleeve going off of his hand, he was growing even more just like the rest of us. The thought made Double D smile.