"A-ha!" Ell squealed as she pulled out a deep red satin, slightly figure-hugging dress.

It's safe to say I didn't get rid of much of my expensive clothes- I mean, who would want stuff I sweat in anyways? Was the excuse I told myself. Repeatedly.

"Wow I haven't seen that in a while, I don't think I ever wore it after I bought it," I laughed.

Please don't send me to Shopaholics Anonymous.

"That is an absolute tragedy Val!" she reprimanded.

"It'd look amaze on you Ell... to wherever we are going tonight?" I raised my eyebrows at her, prompting her to answer my earlier question. I just knew she'd get carried away with clothes.

"1). I am not wearing it, you are!"

"Huh wait no, it's a bit much right?!" I straightened up, panicked at the thought of wearing something so flashy out.

"and 2). We are going to a birthday party for this huge Instagram model/influencer guy I think. It's his 22nd and a whole bunch of young Hollywood artists and creators are invited; singers, photographers, youtubers, models, actors, you name it! Including yours truly," she winked at me and took a deep bow. "I hope that's okay with you... the party starts at like 9 and is being held in a Hollywood Hills mansion, but there will be a DJ so lots of dancing involved I promise," she said, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"Wow sounds like a melting pot of views, promos and followers."

I decided I was going. Ell really deserved a big night out after all the hard work she's been doing and I wanted to support her. It was her first major Hollywood party, a chance for her to mingle and meet people.

"Well yeah, it's L.A," she remarked nonchalantly as she returned to flipping through my closet.

"Should I bring my vlog camera?" I joked.

Ell turned around and gave me a flat pointed look.

"You. Dress. Now." she demanded, thrusting the red dress at me and shoving me out of the walk-in (probably so she can continue browsing).

I looked down at the dress in my hands for a few minutes, overthinking whether this would be the right move or not.

"Just try it on okay!" Ell encouraged through the door.

How did she always know?

I quickly slipped it on and opened the closet door to look in the mirror before the self-consciousness could seep in. I hadn't worn something like this in a long time.

Flicking her gaze over to me and out between the hangers of dresses, she placed a hand on my shoulder with a serious expression on her face and said: "Valerie, you are going to be turning heads round 180 and dropping bodies...We better keep 911 on speed dial!" Ell wolf whistled at me and laughed.

I couldn't help but chuckle, mostly because she laughed at her own weird joke but because maybe she was right and I could step out there and be as confident as I could be.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes analysed the details of the dress. It had an elegant cowl neck front which added a soft touch, plunging low enough to reveal the smooth curve of my cleavage. The dress fell mid-thigh and the fabric felt luxurious against my skin, flowing gracefully over each and every slope of my body. I now remembered why I had bought it in the first place. I was kind of in awe at how vastly I had transformed with one piece of fabric.

"Thanks for finding this Ellana," I gently spoke. "What are you going to wear?" I turned towards the girl raiding my closet.

"You're welcome Val. And don't you worry I just found myself the perfect little number," she grinned as she pulled out a white halter neck playsuit. "Come on, change out of that, and then we can go have dinner and get ready!"

After Ellana had showered, we ordered something to eat and made ourselves a cocktail or two, before slowly taking our time to get ready doing hair and makeup. I think we spent at least an hour gossiping and goofing off to the music blasting through the speakers. Getting ready was always such a fun part.

"You ordered an Uber?" Ellana stepped out of her room looking runway ready as she slipped on a pair of thigh high boots with a small chunky heel. She had her straightened hair in a sleek high pony with some light makeup and bold lips. Ell looked absolutely killer with a slim choker connected to a dainty chain running down the centre of her chest, dipping low into the plunging playsuit.

"Yep, should be here in a few minutes if we wanna head down now." I responded, looking up from my phone.

"Cool! I'm pretty keen to see what it's all like!" she spoke, anticipation rolling off her in waves.

"Yeah me too." I grinned at her as I made my way to the front door of our apartment. Tonight, was going to be a good night, I promised myself. I'm going to try my best to enjoy it.

"Let's quickly take a few selfies before we go," Ellana suggested as she whipped out her phone. "You honestly look stunning Valerie."

I had my hair in messy waves cascading down my back and I also put on a pair of chunky heeled boots with an added lace up to keep myself dressy but with a touch of casual. I had a light smokey eye which really made my eyes pop out and my lips were painted with a layer of gloss, which made them look even poutier. The highlight? Well you already know it was on fleek.

"Um look in the mirror please Ell." I repeated her earlier statement with a little smirk. Playfully shoving me and rolling her eyes, she opened the door to head down to the foyer for our Uber as I followed behind.

~

Hey ya'll!
First Carter appearance coming next chapter! 😉