7. They are always there

Start from the beginning

"You know Swayam, life is very ironic. It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value the presence." she said with a heavy voice which was an evidence that she was also crying.

"Why it has to be me mom?" I asked her and she was running her hands in my hair lovingly.

"Because God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers! Keep your head always up!" She said and it was surprisingly soothing to my ears. We just stayed in that position for some time until my phone rang and disturbed our moment. I pulled myself out and I reached my hand out to the table to check who would call at this hour. Rey! No wonder who else it could be! The Mr. Perfect Timing. Always pops up from anywhere.

I silenced my phone and turned to mom. She was wiping off the corner of her eyes. She saw me and cupped my face and pecked my forehead. I immediately hugged her tightly. She pulled out after sometime and said,

"Everything is going to be good soon."

"I love you ma." I said holding her hands, tears threatening to fall again any moment.

"Awwww, I love you too beta! Okay now enough of this emotional drama. Go and sleep and take some rest." she said jokingly and we both chuckled at the same time and I kissed her forehead this time.

"Good night Swayam." she said and left my room. I turned to my phone to call back Rey.

"Hey dude, were you busy?" He asked as soon as he picked it up.

"No, not actually but yeah I was a little." I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked immediately. I think he noticed the hoarseness in my voice due to crying. He cares so much and I love him for that.

"Yup, I am good. I just caught a little cold." I said hoping that he would buy the statement.

"Hmmm okay." he replied unsure.

"Why did you call? Any work?" I asked him trying to divert the topic.

"Oh Yes! I forgot about it. I had called you to remind the meet up tomorrow. I hope you remember it." he said.

"I do..." I just said that and remained silent. How can I forget anything related to her dream? No chance.

There was a silence for few seconds. Neither I spoke nor did Rey. It was weird. Rey was always so much talkative and today he didn't speak much... It then hit me. Oh shit! He is mad at me for whatever happened in the office that day. It's been 2 days since then and I hadn't talked to him. It had totally slipped out of my mind and I am really gonna die now!

"Hey! You there?" I asked trying to break the silence but there was no response.

"Is my friend still mad at me?" I asked more like a child hoping that he would reply to this but again no response. Rey could be tougher than pleasing a girlfriend sometimes.

"Bro I know we had to talk okay?" I tried one last time.

"Ah finally you remember that we had to talk!" He replied curtly. Oops! What to say now? I didn't think of anything.

"It's possible only if you talk with me." I too replied in same tone.

"Oh look who's saying this. Just buzz it off okay? Now say me what had happened?" He asked it straight forward. I didn't expect that so quick. Think of something Swayam... Think...

"O hello? Now where did you go?" He asked irritatedly.

"I am here. Actually that day... Nothing! It was nothing. I... It was just-" I was struggling for words but he cut me off saying,

"Speak clearly whatever you are telling and dare you hide anything from me! You have no idea, I got so scared to see you like that Swayam." he said to me as if I was his child and he is my parent! What could I probably say? Ummm, I was ill? No. No. Shall I say him the truth? No, I cannot.

"Hello!" He shouted from other side.

"Rey just listen okay? I know you need answers but I cannot say it on phone. I will say when we meet okay?" I said it in one go and soon realised what I just said. Way to dig your own grave Swayam. Salute yourself!

"Is it something serious dude? You are scaring me." he asked, care dripping from each word.

"No, no, it's not. Don't bother yourself. It's nothing important." I said sounding unsure to myself. I so much want to tell him everything but I don't want at the same time. Not atleast now. No! I will not open up to anyone. It makes people only weaker and weaker.

"Okay if you say so, but you aren't sounding yourself today." he again said me that. Arghhh! What to do with this man?

"I said you I got cold right! And now stop it what you are doing. Don't act like my mother." I said little irritated so that he could sense my mood but in response he started laughing.

"Dude! I think it would be better if I had video called you! I would love to see your face right now." He said and I too chuckled at his childishness. He never failed to bring smile on my face.

"I love you Rey... Don't ever leave me." I said in flow of emotions.

"Huh... You okay right?" He asked and paused for few seconds and said,

"Because get this straight into your mind that I am straight okay?" in a serious tone and this time it was me who was laughing. We both laughed over the call and there was silence again.

"Okay, so good night." I said to him wanting to end the call.

"Good night Swayam... But one thing!" He said and I was thinking what else is to come.

"I am always with you. Whenever you will need someone to let out something, just remember I am all ears. I am always here." he said and I just hummed in response and disconnected the call.

These two people, mom and Rey are very precious in my life. They understand me even if I didn't speak a word. Thank you God for giving them to me! They care for me... 'they are always there for me!'

I got up and slipped inside the duvet trying to sleep. Tomorrow I am going to face her again. I hope I don't mess up things again. I will have to get habituated of seeing her face now since 'The Pia Mehra' will be working with us in the same project. I don't know how things will work out but I will have to keep my feelings aside... I am a businessman and I can do it. It's business nothing else! Thinking about tomorrow I slipped into my slumber.

_______________

A/N

Hi guys!

This chapter was kind of a filler one for the next one but the next one is promising!

Let me know your views.

Please vote, comment and share!