C O P Y R I G H T & S U M M A R Y

Chicago, 1921.

Gangsters roamed the streets in their organized crime sprees. Flappers danced the Charleston at the local nightclubs. Prohibition barely stopped anyone from having a good time. Maxwell's Club, a speakeasy located in the Windy City's quaint neighborhood of Lincoln Park, was the place to be for anyone who wanted their fun in the form of bootlegged liquor and other illicit activities.

In present day Chi-town, Gavin Maddox is the sexy owner of many bars and clubs around the city, continuing to be one of Chicago's richest and most desired bachelors. He's made sure to buy up the property that once housed the infamous Maxwell's to transform it into a booming nightclub and revive the reputation of this very popular hangout of the city's former rebels and criminals.

When Mia Fairmon shows up in his life, he's thrown for a loop. She is the self-assured new marketing employee for Ashford Advertising who is part of the team in charge of promoting Gavin's new club. Gavin and Mia have met before in countless meetings prior to the club's opening, but the 24-year-old never dared to pursue her obvious attraction toward the entrepreneur. Club 21's grand opening, however, seems like the perfect opportunity to see what's in store with her and the handsome businessman.

But Gavin and Mia's budding romance seems to be stirring something sinister within the new club. Dark secrets that loom in the former speakeasy's past look to surface from its walls as well as an evil spirit that is out for revenge and is dead set on targeting Mia.

***

© 2021 by Bree O'Brien.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.